Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We collected our juke tekna yesterday from the dealers but the car had no arm rest and had the 1st version of nissan connect, we spoke to nissan customer services and they could'nt give a stuff. So needless to say we wont ever touch another nissan.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Sorry to hear you are not happy. This issue is going to annoy a few people but this in my opinion is a dealer mis sell and they should be made aware of the grief they are calling Back in Feb/March I was made aware of model changes and had this confirmed by Nissan stating it wouldnt be a specific date as run outs had to get thru aswell the brief I was sent said cars from March production would be updated although Tekna changes were not mentioned but I would assume they came in at the same time.March production doesnt mean delivery a car can still be delivered that was ordered prior to March dateI would also like to make people aware that an order code change was also introduced to signify the new spec, which in my opinion means a dealer is quite capable of 1 ordering correctly 2 making the mistake of ordering wrongly. I dont think Nissan Gb is at fault here and can see fully why they are not planning on changing anything Sorry your not happy with the spec,but imo silly to wind yourself up over such a simple thing that is relatively un important

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the brochure we have states that the arm rest will come in to effect from january and our car was ordered on 8/2/2013, and the arm rest is of importance to me has i suffer with badly with my joints. And need to rest my arm and nissan could'nt give a s__t

·
Registered
867 Posts
Well said Craig.

You have got a nice spec with some great extras Dave; enjoy your purchase. Leather arm rests can be had for just over the £100 mark if you shop around and are a doddle to fit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes an arm rest can be brought, but why should we buy something that should be part of the package i think not, nissan can be treated in the sme manner as they treated me, and that is that they can get stuffed.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
If you feel you were not supplied what you were ordered then you should have taken it up with the dealer. I am not surprised Nissan GB are not offering the extras.You said a while back that salesman was excellent, surely he he should have sorted this and confirmed what you ordered. Cant comment what was written in the brochure but I know many people who had cars delivered in january that didnt get an armrest. Also the new connect and armrest go hand in hand and the connect was released until March as it tied in with the Nismo the first model to get it I also believe the upgraded Tekna has new wheels as well

·
Registered
419 Posts
ctrdetailing wrote:armrest can be bought and your not missing much with the connect except a monthly bill if you want to use the services just enjoy the car mate and dont let this spoil it for you
Just to clarify, there is no service charge for goggle with connect 2. It is free for 3 years, you just have the cost of the mobile connection unless included in your monthly phone package.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have gone through the same Dave. Ordered my tekna Feb 11th picked up march 13th, Nissan have paid for the armrest to be fitted this week, only as its advertised in brochure. They wouldn't do anything about the new connect and spent more time and effort looking through there adverts etc to prove it hasn't been advertised than trying to keep a customer who has spent nearly £19000 happy, disgusting attitude in my opinion. However it was sg petch who have sourced a 2012 model for me and charged me 2013 prices. They haven't done anything at all to ensure I'm happy and are purely pound sign motivated! Get back on to Nissan about the advert in their brochure about the armrest, remind them that it isn't you who writes the spec in there! Any further information required please just ask. I thought that's what these forums were for to build a community and give each other support rather than derogatory comments I've seen in some posts! I'll help ya if I can my friend.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Daz, I don't believe there are any derogatory comments in these replies. This forum puts owners first and foremost and is a friendly place to be. Both Dave and yourself might well have justification to feel aggrieved and I hope that you both have a successful resolution.

The points above reflect the members desire for new owners to enjoy their cars and the forum; not that they shouldn't fight for what is right.

Darren

·
Registered
445 Posts
sorry to see you have had dealer problems, i think you have to try seperate that from the car itself, and i understand thats not easy to do as i work for a main dealer and see unhappy customers from time to time, but the juke is a superb car, maybe time will heal wounds and you can hopefully enjoy your purchase.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
IMO the problem here is the dealer supplying pre update models, this isn't Nissan's fault if a dealer has old stock to shift and I don't see why Nissan should be expected to rectify it.
Also as you have a friend at the factory give him your Chassis number and ask him when it was built they can do as I know the day mine was built. I expect it was well before march. Also as for price the 2012 price is the same as the 2013 the price increase that Nissan implemented only took effect this week as in 8th April

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry about my comment about derogatory comments, they were on the other forum, however its all the same people and I just think some don't understand how angry and aggrieved you can get when lots of owners have got the new spec even before we ordered ours, its like buying a piece of flat pack furniture, getting it home and the screws are missing, although a lot more expense, now tell me we haven't all been in that situation? I agree its the dealers who are upsetting customers (when you are pretty much sold the car using these extra upgrades) then be Told......aw look yours hasn't come with them.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
D40, a lot of members on here are on the other Juke forum but not all, the comments I think you are referring to are not made by members here so from that point it is unfair to tarnish members here with the same brush.I fully understand the grievance you and others may have but then this is always likely to be the case when a manufacturer up the specs mid cycle so to speak.. All that will be achieved if the manufacturer keeps getting grief is upgrades being left until next model,something I wouldnt want to see as upgrades like the heated mirrors(tekna spec) we worked hard to get would never have arrived.As i said IMO this is a dealer miss sell. I ve seen a copy of the info sent to dealers and was also told by Nissan that no firm date would be given in order to protect dealers from being stuck with old stock. Yet the greedy dealer stabs themselves in the back by telling all potential customers it will be the upgrade.In future I would suggest that anyone going in for an upgrade spec car whenever that may be gets it put on the order in writing that should cover it.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
A quite word with the dealer principle in writing with the copy of the advert showing the date of the armrest and and the date of the order placed should do the trick
I'm sure the dealer would fit the armrest £65 isn't going to bankrupt them

It's probably been an old stock one from somewhere but doesn't mean it's a bad car
Just ask them for an armrest pans as pointed out the connect and connect 2 isn't much different anyway

We are nice in this forum too

·
Registered
663 Posts
firstly i joined the other forum before joining this one but i never go on it because i could never get my head round it and never felt at home with it like i do on here. secondly i have a new Tekna, i picked it up at the end of January this year but ordered it November last year. although i was a bit put out that the dealer didnt tell me of the up-grades that were coming as i would have liked the armrest, couldnt give a monkeys about the connect 2, i soon got over my disapointment when i started driving the car..i understand fully your feelings as if i had ordered from the new spec and it was delivered with the old spec i would have done my fruit, in fact i think i would have refused the car. for what it is worth my advice would be, in you are not too concerned about the connect 2, go back to the dealer, play for face and tell them you want them to put the armrest in free of charge as it is their mistake, and hold out for it....good luck

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car, I understand what you mean about feeling on a downer.Mine was ordered at early April and the dealer said it comes with a Armrest because prior to seeing the new spec on the tekna I was going to pay for a arm rest and I kept twittering on about it.Haven't received it as yet but when its delivered to the dealer, I have insisted to come and see it. I have done this with every car (they must think i'm weird but I dont care)Its a shame you got the keys off them and drove it off, as you would have had the upper hand if you just refused it. Thats what i will do if it come minus armrest.If you pop into the dealer and ask to speak to the manager straight away at reception, bring both keys and the log book and have them with you so they can see that your really not happy and you want to take it to the small claims court. Explain to the dealer that your not happy and do it in a loud voice preferably at a busy time for effect. Thats what i would do, but i'm not normal different breed lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts