Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Juke (2012) has developed a squeak in the windscreen area. It sounds like two pieces of plastic rubbing together and is high in pitch. The squeak happens when going over a bump or on rough road. It seems to be worse when it is cold.

I brought my Juke to the local Nissan dealer and the Service Manager agreed that there is a squeak there. He had never heard of this particular problem on the Juke.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi
This is new one to me, but maybe one of our other member, MB, will have as he thinks everything squeaks and rattles, but he did buy a lemon......
Hopefully they will sort it out or you or someone else had encountered it.
Kats

·
Registered
185 Posts
This was an issue on the JOC Forum, there were a number reporting squeak on dash near windscreen some said it sounded like a mouse squeak.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you point me to the JOC forum? I am not sure if is a sub-forum of this site or a new site.

A mouse squeak is a good description of the sound. The more information you have when going to the dealer to fix something like this, the better.

Regards,Bernie

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
ve3fwf wrote:Can you point me to the JOC forum? I am not sure if is a sub-forum of this site or a new site.

A mouse squeak is a good description of the sound. The more information you have when going to the dealer to fix something like this, the better.

Regards,BernieThe JOC forum isnt a sub forum its another Juke forum called jukeownersclub.co.uk unlike this forum dont mention us as if you do they will delete the thread There is also a stateside forum called jukeforums.com that might be more helpful given your location regards deks
Deks2012-10-25 07:55:01

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I noticed this on Sarah's Juke today. Bum!It never did it before we had the windscreen changed so I put it down to the dash or the exterior plastics rubbing on the glass. I could not replicate the noise by pressing on the trim on the A pillars.When I get time I'll try and find the cause. In the mean time I'll not tell Sarah as she probably won't notice it above the stereo!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Try spraying, silicon spray around edge of dash, wipe any excess of glass of course.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Rattly wrote:Try spraying, silicon spray around edge of dash, wipe any excess of glass of course.
Nice idea Can you recommend a spray? I've not got any in the garage...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you to all that have responsed so far. To make things interesting, the squeaking sound has gone away now that I am using the car heater. Other that this minor issue, I have not had a single problem with the Juke 2012.

Regards,
Bernie

·
Registered
27 Posts
Our Juke had a squeaking/creaking noise from around the dashboard area on Sat. morning.As sson as the car warmed up the noise dissappeared.Havent tried the silicon spray route yet as it doesn't annoy me enough yet.Just turned up the muisc abit more.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Paul_S wrote:
Rattly wrote:Try spraying, silicon spray around edge of dash, wipe any excess of glass of course.
Nice idea
Can you recommend a spray? I've not got any in the garage...

3 in 1professional silicon has always been good.

Ps sorry for the delay have been away..

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is our Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) in the US.It's done under warranty.
SB 2011 Juke; Ticking Noise From Lower Area of Windshield Summary of NTB11033: IF YOU CONFIRM An intermittent 'ticking' noise coming from the lower area of the windshield where the cowl top cover touches/contacts the windshield.ACTIONS 1. Remove the cowl top cover. 2. Thoroughly clean the mating areas between the cowl top cover and the windshield (remove all dirt, sand, and debris). 3. Apply 4 strips of felt cloth tape - 2 on each end of the cowl top cover. - See Service Procedure for felt tape locations. - Use tape listed in the Parts Information. 4. Reinstall the cowl top cover. See this bulletin for further detail.
MSA2012-10-30 04:00:44

1 - 17 of 17 Posts