Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well 2013 is here so time to start discussing what we are planning to do meet wise this year2 things I have in mind1. Is a factory tour in the Spring, this will all be down to if Nissan are still performing tours as they were suspended due to new products coming on line. I will need to make enquiries about that and post accordingly. I did sound them out last year for Easter school break time. 2. I plan to hold another BBQ weekend during the August Bank Holiday as last year.Meets wise options are open to what people feel they want to do. Where possible we try to arrange a big meet some where in the midlands to try to accomodate as many members as possible. Options are a plenty on this front re venue and dates. I am aware that Craig from the QQCLUB will be arranging an annual meet for early July at Wicksteed Parkas was done last year, we can go with that as an annual meet or if people prefer we could do something different. the year before when I was a member of the other Juke forum I organised a meet at the Heritage centre at Gaydon Warwickshire, on the May bank holiday (end of may) this was very well supported and is anoption if members so wish. I would say that the museum is there and an off road course but not much elsewhere as Wicksteed Park certainly caters for the children with all its park activities.I am also open to any other suggestions for ideas or even regional meets We are still quite a small club so any gathering needs to appeal to as many as possible I enjoyed Gaydon but it would work out costly if the numbers dont add up as we have to hire the arenawhere as Wicksteed only cost for car park although I think a small fee was charged for the field but QQ paid for this last year. Anyway please come forward with suggestions and ideas and it would be great to meet those I haven't yet had the chance to plus those I already have had the pleasure of meeting. Remember the earlier we sort something the cheaper the hotels are to book

Deks2013-01-07 21:22:22

·
Registered
867 Posts
A nice summers afternoon can be had at Bourton-on-the-water (Cotswolds); http://www.bourtoninfo.comIt is a quaint part of the world with plenty of places to eat and drink. It is also home to a well sized car museum and model railway.Plenty of hotels and B&Bs in and around the area and lots of nice places in close proximity to drive to (and through).Just a thought.Darren

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
It is nice there I think you all need to do a Run2 road trip - we go everywhere

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
The events are in the UK and abroad for 1 or more days. Dave who organises them will tailor the event to you needs We do party hard in the evenings but are very careful that we sober up before we set off the next day.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Thinking about it we did the Run2TheCotswolds the day after we picked up the Juke. What a way to run it in I quite fancy a trip Portmeirion. We could all meet up en route and build a convoy through the beautiful Welsh countryside to get there. Finally, stay somewhere nearby - make sure they sell a proper pint of Brains

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Paul_S wrote:Thinking about it we did the Run2TheCotswolds the day after we picked up the Juke. What a way to run it in I quite fancy a trip Portmeirion. We could all meet up en route and build a convoy through the beautiful Welsh countryside to get there. Finally, stay somewhere nearby - make sure they sell a proper pint of Brains Quite like that idea convoys of Jukes from various directions all heading to Wales for a weekend break and a few drinks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Paul_S wrote: make sure they sell a proper pint of Brains
A man after my own heart I'd love to join you guys/gals...if I have my Juke by then of course

·
Registered
37 Posts
acrorat wrote:Come along anyway, my first meet was Jukeless for me, and I had a great time.
Fab stuff, thank you I'll keep an eye out for locations/dates etc

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
We a few interests in whats said above so if someone else would like to start the ball rolling on something please do. Got my hands tied at the moment with others things and the factory tour which still has places 13 to be precise

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Darren C wrote:A nice summers afternoon can be had at Bourton-on-the-water (Cotswolds); http://www.bourtoninfo.comIt is a quaint part of the world with plenty of places to eat and drink. It is also home to a well sized car museum and model railway.Plenty of hotels and B&Bs in and around the area and lots of nice places in close proximity to drive to (and through).Just a thought.DarrenDoes anybody want to come up with date/s for this then we can get the ball rolling I personally always favour bank holiday weekends and ones during school holidays

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
So we have on the table a summer drive to the west country and possible Wales which a few have suggested sounds like an excellent plan as long as someone is willing to help with the ground work.Also I have just spoken with Craig from the QQ forum and it looks like an end of July meet at Wicksteed Park is on the cards. Once again this looks like itsgoing to involve multiple Nissan ownersclubs as before like the Note and Cube. We discussed the 26th July as a possible though the date will be down to what Craig can secure with Wicksteed park. How does this fit with people as another venue for a gathering?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Rocks703 wrote:Gaydon wa s a good meet, just a shame it seemed like gale force winds that day hahacould be third time lucky, as last year we got soaked as it rained most of the day which put off a lot of people.Does anyone have any suggestions??? or a preference for what and where they would like a get togetherlooking at a little meet May 4th informal gathering food and drink, Midlands/central area.Need to hear some suggestions. I live in the very south east of england so its difficult for me to come up with places that suit the masses.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts