Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, sorry if this is in the wrobg

My Juke seems to be having problems, there are no warning lights at all,

Basically when I accelerate it starts to move off fine but then it sounds like a wheel spin and all power dies, Rev count stays where it is and the car does not move what so ever, however when in N the revs are fine. To get home yesterday I had to constantly turn the car on and off to try get some sort of movement.
I placed some CVT fluid in which allowed the car to drive normally for about 5 minutes then the same problem occurred. I then noticed a puddle of oil coming from the front drivers side near the radiator where there are a couple of pipes which are corroded and oil only leaks when the car is turned on.
There is also a LOT and I mean a LOT of noise coming from the engine, I checked the belt which seems fine but maybe it’s a pulley or bearing instead.
Overall has anyone experienced this or know what the problem is.

Engine Noise + Belt

Attachments

·
Registered
785 Posts
No, because I've always had a manual.
But based on you put fluid in, it drove, then fluid all leaked out and it didn't drive then I'd say it's gearbox fluid, otherwise you'll have another expensive repair to do.

·
Super Moderator
751 Posts
It sounds as if your gearbox oil as dripped onto your belt and that is causing it to squeal, ,like Vexorg says those two pipes need replacing new gearbox oil then you should be ok.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It sounds as if your gearbox oil as dripped onto your belt and that is causing it to squeal, ,like Vexorg says those two pipes need replacing new gearbox oil then you should be ok.
Any idea if the pipes are easy to do or is just easier to take it to a garage? Regarding the belt what can I use to clean the gear box oil off the belt?

·
Super Moderator
751 Posts
The oil on your belt should not be cleaned it needs replacing as for those pipes if you are not mechanically competant then I would let the garage do it for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The oil on your belt should not be cleaned it needs replacing as for those pipes if you are not mechanically competant then I would let the garage do it for you.
Thanks I have no idea to be honest. Do you know the name of the pipes need replacing? Don’t want to be ripped off by a garage. Nissan quoted 4.5K which I’m totally shocked by as they are saying I need a new CVT.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Probably the gearbox fluid cooler pipes. But you'd need to find the leak, it could be the cooler itself, or elsewhere and just running along those pipes.

There are limits to forum help, at some point you need to get your hands dirty to see. Cooler pipes tend to be rather awkward and you;ll probably need to remove quite a few other parts to get access. Given the vibe from your reply, I'd say take it to a garage. Nissan will be the most expensive option, look around for trustworthy local garages.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Probably the gearbox fluid cooler pipes. But you'd need to find the leak, it could be the cooler itself, or elsewhere and just running along those pipes.
I’ve checked and it’s coming from the pipe on the right just below the seal. I have a video Here

the video shows the car off with no oil leaking the moment it goes on oil spills immediately.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.