Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what is done exactly during the 2 year service?Lucy's Juke 1.6 Tekna petrol has done just 19k miles and is now 2 years old. She has been quoted £306 What do they do that justifies this extortionate fee?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I am not sure what they do exactly on a 2 year service, it should say somewhere in the manuals or you could ask the dealer for detailed information on what they are doing for this figure. It may also be worth ringing round a few other dealers to see what they are charging, I have read about a large disparity in delaer prices for servicing.Final note under current block excemption rules you don't have to have the service carried out by a Nissan dealer, any VAT registered garage can do it, they just have to use parts of the same quality. One word of caution on the latter if a car is not serviced by the dealer any goodwill gestures you might get from Nissan will be gone and you will have to keep a record of exactly what parts were used in the event of a warranty claim.

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Yeah, I agree with the godwill point - my view is that you have all services up to, and including, the one after the warranty has expired - after that, you are unlikley to get any goodwill gesture anyway.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
That does sound pricey. I wouldn't pay that for a 370Z service (which is no different really).As Deks says, call around and see what other Nissan dealers will do for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies folks.Lu's Juke is two years old now, so I guess to avoid any 'arguments' if anything untoward happens. it will be wise to have this service done with the main dealer.Where we are located, both local Nissan dealers are owned by the same company. So they will no doubt be charging the same extortionate fee for what appears to be 3 filter changes, engine oil change, brake fluid change and a general poke about

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Just tell them you are going to visit a friend/relative for a weekend and their local dealer can do on the Saturday for £xxx.xx and see what they say

1 - 8 of 8 Posts