Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just had the 30 000 km service done on my (basic, diesel) Juke. There were no real problems to fix and it is the first time I have been back to the dealers since getting the car. However, the dealers say they want the car back in so they can repaint the front bumper. I have heard about earlier problems in this area but thought it had all been fixed. I am surprised that my car, new in May 2012, needs this work.Many people complain about the fuel economy but I don't have any great problem with that. For example on the way back from service, 110 km in a snow storm, my car used 4.4 Litres per 100 km (64 MPG) according to the dashboard display which I have previously found to be spot on. It is quite easy for me to get that sort of economy. My wife often drives the car and she gets worse results, but then her journeys are different. The key thing is speed, and at motorway speeds the economy drops significantly. Overall, since new, the car has averaged 5.4 L/100 km (52.3 MPG).Another common comment on the forums is poor brakes. Again, I haven't noticed this but that could be because I am very light on the brakes. Perhaps they are bad, but I rarely brake heavily so I don't notice. Of course, there could be a correlation between this and fuel economy; I am light on the brakes and get OK fuel economy, but other people need better brakes and struggle to get good economy.Something I am not happy with is the heating system, which struggles in cold weather. I am not looking forward to the real winter with this car. It is difficult to keep the windows clear of ice, and all heat has to go on the windscreen so my feet get cold. The heated seats are good though. My car has mains powered cabin and engine heaters. The engine heater seems to make little difference and at service I asked for it to be checked. Apparently it is working correctly but, at 300 Watts, it is just under-powered. I will look at fitting something better.When driving in snow there is a build-up of snow and ice on the back of the car, and as I don't have a garage this never gets a chance to melt. This morning it was impossible to open the rear hatch because everything, including the door catch, was frozen.The fuel economy display is accurate but the rest of the fuel-related dashboard info isn't. There is a lot of fuel left when the gauge says empty, and I can drive 150 or 200 km after the "distance till you run out" starts flashing 0. The display is so bad I just ignore it and calculate for myself when to re-fuel.The controls are difficult to see, especially when driving. Who can read the little icons around the heater control? They should be much more clear.The lights are poor. I have fitted better bulbs which have helped a lot, but the lights really do need to be improved.My car was supplied with 2 sets of wheels (alloy & steel) and tyres (for summer and winter) but only 1 set of wheel nuts. This was an error, and I have now been supplied with different wheel nuts for the alloy wheels.So there we have it. 7 months and 30 000 km of trouble-free motoring, but the inability to cope with winter weather is making me seriously consider changing the car.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. The bumper issue does make me wonder when my car was actually made. Perhaps it had been in stock for a while before I got it. I didn't order the car & select the specification, I just took what they had in stock and on offer. Who knows how long it had been standing around?I hadn't picked up on the brake issues applying only to the DIG models, so my comments could well be inaccurate about that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.