Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is an email I received and felt it only fair to share with all.

Normal

false
false
false

EN-GB
X-NONE
X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

I am sorry about not responding as soon as I would have
liked, but I have actually been meeting with >...for the last hour and a half
or so - something which was overdue. I suspect she will speak to yourself
about the contents of our meeting, but that is for her to say and not me.

I think it now only appropriate to come to speak to you
direct. I would have liked to speak with you, but understand that you are
probably at work and it is not convenient, hence this email.

I could spout corporate type speak here, but I am sure you
are not interested in that. I would rather simply state that we take
customer service hugely serious, and it is the most important thing in our
business. I would have liked to meet Ceri earlier, but due to her working
and social commitments this proved not possible. I did in fact extend the
offer to visit me the following afternoon to discuss, and I cant help but feel
we could have sorted it out there and then before it took on this life of its
own.

Whilst I believe the matter has been resolved to >....
satisfaction (again - not something for me to speak on her behalf), it is clear
that there could have been improvements. This is most certainly a one off
incident and we have many customers who are very happy and would be prepared to
join your forum to say as much. That doesn't excuse this one off
incident, but I must admit to being concerned that our business - one which we
have worked long and hard to get to the point it is at - being slated in such a
one-sided manner. I am sure you would feel the same way if it was
yourself.

As this was not usual territory for us, we were forced to
speak to legal experts with how best to deal with it. No threat of legal
action - and certainly not being 'take(n) to court' (which you posted, and was
deleted several minutes after I took a screen dump) - was ever mentioned.
I simply needed to refer to experts. Bearing in mind the company employs
a lot of people, I am not qualified in that area to speak on behalf of them
all, and the company. With this in mind, I could not get involved and
have a discussion whilst this raged on, on your pages. Naturally, I am
sorry that this resulted in Ceri becoming upset, but we were left with little
other option.

I would sincerely like the opportunity to prove to you and
your members that we are a good place to do business with; that we aren't many
of the things that has been suggested on your pages and that perhaps some good
may come out of it. In an ideal world I would like to set up a direct
link to yourself so that you may act on behalf of your members and come
straight to me in the future, along the lines of 'Gareth, what's going on
here?'. Whilst I hope this situation will never be repeated, of course,
it could prove useful.

I hope to hear your reply, and - assuming you've got this
far - thank you for reading part of our side.

Kind Regards

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

·
Registered
790 Posts
obviously id like to hear from cez first to see that shes ok and happy now but i appreciate those comments and its just shame this wasnt done on day one when instead the salesman started digging himself deeper into the hole he couldnt get out of but hopefully as gareth says this will be a mistake there dealership or specifically the person in question will not make again , i agree that if it improves there customer service then its a good thing for all but i hope cez was given compensation as she was the loser here even if its now sorted as this has spoiled what should be a very exciting and happy time for any motorist , a new car is a big deal however its funded and you should be walking round with a smile for weeks which sadly cez has lost out on thus far but i sincerely hope she can now put this behind her and start to enjoy her juke as she should be best of luck to her and wessex if this has made sure this doesnt happen again
ctrdetailing2013-04-18 17:20:11

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am very pleased that it appears cez has walked away happy and contented(not having yet heard from her this is an assumption). I dont feel anything said by members on the subject was unfair or untruthful I also am aware that some responses were in favour of the dealer.Aspects of comments made to Cez were totally unacceptable Also and I have made this perfectly clear to Wessex refusing to communicate and use bully boy tactics does not go down to well with me. Bieing told until that topic is deleted we are not talking to you or discussing the issue is morally wrong and deplorable and this single factor has enraged me so much its actually taken over the whole issue.I have respect for Wessex for contacting me in the manner they have but its safe to say they will never see my business and that isnt because they are the other side of the country to me
Deks2013-04-18 17:43:50

·
Registered
663 Posts
my first concern is Cez, but fair play to the man for coming on the forum and speaking up. providing that things have been put right with Cez and she is happy then i say give the man a chance for having the balls to stand up and be counted

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Having read the email, I am quite surprised that it is still extremely defensive and more about damage limitation than setting things right.
Day one, an apology, a big bunch of flowers, and a promise to put it right, and this would not be an issue...
The real saddness here is exactly as stated above - it's not every day we get to pick up a Juke, and it's a great memory lost for one owner..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello boys and girls.As Gareth has said, we had a long and interesting chat this afternoon and I am pleased to say we have resolved the issue to both our agreement. More importantly, I felt I was believed and I lost count of the amount of times Gareth apologised.I cannot and would not want to influence you guys in anyway, but I would be happy to start afresh and give Gareth the opportunity to be a future point of contact.

·
Registered
663 Posts
well done Cez, i will support you all the way.. we had a go at Wessex to back you up now you have decided to let sleeping dogs lie then it is only right that we support you on this decision also. fair play to them for putting things right

·
Registered
867 Posts
Congratulations Cez and I have to say full marks to Gareth for re-addressing the customer focus in a manner that should have seen the light of day on day one.

I hope Wessex Cardiff take on board the comments of the forum and the customer care balance becomes the flag ship business promise.

Once again; well done Cez for the courage to follow through with your convictions.

·
Super Moderator
713 Posts
Hi Cez, I am very glad to hear you have reached a agreeable conclusion to your problem with Wessex and can understand not going into detail.
I still wouldnt throw water on them if they was on fire, they started all this and deserve all they get, I strongly believe that if you hadn't contacted the forum and Steve in particular you would still be having problems with them.
As for Gareth being a (nice) person I for one dont think so, its just that they dont like being found out and someone giving it back to them.
I will bet that the stinking bad apple still works for them.

Anyway it seems my trip down to Cardiff is now on hold.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In defence of the sales manager, I myself had a long conversation. This evening with him and I felt he was genuine and was really sorry that this matter had got completely out of hand.
I don't. Feel this is how this dealer normally operates and I don't if they do they will again certainly not with a Juke owner.
Ido believe in giving them a fair crack. So the proof will be in the future actions

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Apologies for the lateness of this reply, have been playing Dad's taxi up until a hour ago, and then finally spending some time with my wife now that Daughter has gone back to Bridgend.

Anyway, long story short - very, very happy that this has come to a good conclusion that has left Cez in a good place

As I'd previously mentioned, I've also had dealings with Wessex, and have met Gareth (prior to his meeting with Cez today), and he certainly came across as someone who wanted to resolve the issues.

I'm glad that everything is now in a clean slate position, and lets hope that Wessex continue to build on their service.
They've been great for me - and I'd not mentioned any affiliation to this site to them (although, to be fair, they had worked it out by today I think my personal plate gave me away - and I get the impression that they will take on board learnings from this incident, and look to deliver the same level to all their customers.

I'll stop rambling now, did say I'd keep it short, and just finish by saying that I'm chuffed for Cez, and happy that Wessex and Gareth have stepped up to the mark.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.