Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over a year of Jukedom and not once have I received a positive response to a wave, thumbs-up or smile from another Juker passed on the road. Plenty of blank looks and even a few glares

UNTIL TODAY

So, at 15:27, entry to ASDA West Bridgford, a red Juke and a smiley female owner .

I was so taken aback, I missed the lights changing and got hooted. Did I care? NOOOOO.

acrorat2012-11-14 17:02:42

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A Haptic Blue on the A606 at the lights between Plumtree and Cotgrave Road at about 13:20.
A White in Keyworth village centre, outside the newsagent's shop yesterday around 17:30.

·
Registered
663 Posts
in 2 years of Jukedom i have never had one person in another Juke wave or flash their lights at me, i think it is disgraceful. they should make it law

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Me too. Mind you, it gets risky flashing lights these days - if there's a speed trap nearby, you could end up in court.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Went through the same thing when I had an MX5.. Never got a wave so gave up...

I thing the waving thing is purely for bikes.. The majority of bikers are enthusiasts so the chances are you'll get a response back..

The majority of car drivers (whatever type) are not... There lies the difference

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Another problem is with the darkened rear windows - means from head on, it's not always easy to see in the car.

·
Registered
663 Posts
when i had my VW beetles some years back they ALL wave at you without fail.. Bryn i hope you dont look like your profile picture else nobody will wave to you cus you will scare them to bloody death

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
tk juke wrote:maybe ive been lucky had a few waves also managed to get a new member from oxford
though im from swindon I take you never let on that you were in Oxford due to the connect satnav sending you the wrong way

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
oldbloke wrote:when i had my VW beetles some years back they ALL wave at you without fail..
Same with 2CVs

·
Registered
26 Posts
oldbloke wrote: when i had my VW beetles some years back they ALL wave at you without fail.. Bryn i hope you dont look like your profile picture else nobody will wave to you cus you will scare them to bloody death

·
Registered
73 Posts
acrorat wrote:Over a year of Jukedom and not once have I received a positive response to a wave, thumbs-up or smile from another Juker passed on the road. Plenty of blank looks and even a few glares UNTIL TODAY So, at 15:27, entry to ASDA West Bridgford, a red Juke and a smiley female owner . I was so taken aback, I missed the lights changing and got hooted. Did I care? NOOOOO.
Asda in WB used to be my local, still remember the day they put McDonalds in it, and the day they took it out!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts