Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost three weeks after his first service and he is now delivering 5 mpg fewer than before! That is, 24-26 mpg where I was getting 30-32 mpg, same types of driving.

Tank filled up with standard SHELL petrol shortly after the service, so not using manky petrol. 6000 miles on the clock so he should be settled into expected performance by now.

NOT HAPPY - any ideas before I call the dealer?
acrorat2012-11-27 12:47:07

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
that's kind of odd, is this one fill up or more?I am not sure but sure I have read elsewhere that temperature can affect MPG maybe its that Always worth a call to the garage to see if they have any advice.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just the one fill-up.

I started using Fuelly three fill-ups ago, and it has yielded 31.3 mpg over 455 tracked miles.

Will be filling again before heading for Tamworth, and will do a reset in the Juke, so will wait till after that trip to see if there's any improvement.
acrorat2012-11-27 13:05:36

·
Registered
215 Posts
Were you keeping accurate records of fuel consumption before the service? My long-term average fuel consumption is following a consistent trend (slow but steady improvement) but individual tanks are up and down beyond all expectation. So I would say that 1 tank is too small a sample to conclude anything. My fuel consumption still hasn't settled down after a lot more than 6 000 miles, so don't assume your consumption should be consistent.Having said that I am sure I have read somewhere on 1 of the Juke forums of a couple of other cases where fuel consumption has suffered after a service. I don't know why that would be.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The paperwork doesn't state the grade, just that it and the filter were replaced. I would assume that a Nissan Dealer would use the grade appropriate for the vehicle. Also there was a Fortron Engine Flush and Treatment conducted.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SJukeF wrote: Were you keeping accurate records of fuel consumption before the service? Not rigorously, but had joined Fuelly and added in for the last three fills.
Deks2012-11-27 15:17:49

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Now odd. As said, the oil could make a difference as could tyre pressures. Is there a chance your tyres were over inflated before? Or even, under inflated now?

·
Registered
493 Posts
acrorat wrote: Just the one fill-up.

I started using Fuelly three fill-ups ago, and it has yielded 31.3 mpg over 455 tracked miles.

Will be filling again before heading for Tamworth, and will do a reset in the Juke, so will wait till after that trip to see if there's any improvement.

what is fuelly, !!!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Paul_S wrote: Now odd. As said, the oil could make a difference as could tyre pressures. Is there a chance your tyres were over inflated before? Or even, under inflated now?

Just checked the tyres, both fronts and backs were 5 psi low!

They are now at the correct pressures, Grrrrrrrr!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts