Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
g-technics c5 is great weapons grade protectionhttp://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/exterior-coatings/c5-wheel-armour/as for cleaning most wheel cleaner do a good job but if you want to do as little work as possible then you need iron-x and poorboys spray and rinse wheel cleaner , bith just spray on and jetwash off leaving a touchless clean rim

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well took a trip to the local halfrauds last night, bought some autoglym products, got the wheel cleaner, tyre dressing and alloy sealant, went home and washed the car, wheels and polished the alloys and they look great, still not sure how long or how good the protection is so might invest in some of the C5 as you say or smartwax rimwax?

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Having successfully removed the scratch from my door, I brilliantly went and scraped one of my wheels at the weekend - fortunately it is a very light scrape and not gone through to the metal, but I know it's there and would like to touch it in - does anyone know what colour the wheels are (looks close to blade silver) or if there is a touch pen to repair this? My Nissan dealer doesn't have one specifically for this, though they are enquiring.

·
Registered
867 Posts
actd,

I have a very (and I mean very) minor couple of stone chips on one of my alloy wheels.

I have just ordered this

If you can wait a few days I will let you know what the colour match is like.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
thanks Darren, that would be great as I'm not in a massive rush :)

·
Registered
867 Posts
actd wrote: thanks Darren, that would be great as I'm not in a massive rush :)

It has arrived and I have applied it. The good; a fairly good size bottle of paint is provided in the pack and the colour match isn't bad. The lighting conditions will ultimately determine how noticeable the finish is however. The paint is slightly darker and in certain lighting is marginally noticeable; in others it more than takes the eye away almost seemingly blends in.

In the absence of a factory match or better advice; I am satisfied for now - though the marks I touched in were very small lacquer blemishes caused by a stone or similar.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Thanks Darren - considering that the graze on my wheel is fairly inconspicuous, I think this will do the job nicely from what you have said.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Thanks again - mine arrived and I've cleaned up and painted the scuff. It's not as bad now and I think that once it's cured and I've used some rubbing compound and then polished it, it will not be noticeable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.