Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all Thought I should stop by and say Hello. I ordered my 1.6 Tekna Premium a week ago and although I'm feeling excited I have to admit I'm also feeling a little nervous...I've ordered the CVT transmission and like all dealerships, they didn't have a CVT to hand. When I asked about a comparison test drive, the salesman took me out in diesel manual He didn't understand that I wanted to feel the transmission. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has a CVT and could tell me (good or bad) what they think of it.Anyway, a little about myself...I'm no stranger to owner clubs. Having previously been a moderator and membership secretary for Ford Focus OC for many years, I left the club as I fancied a change and went and got myself a Kia Pro Cee'd. I lost a lot of street cred over that I can tell you I've been to various car shows all over the UK and even travelled to Italy to drive along the Stelvio Pass and stop off at the Nurburging on the way home with Audi TT OC. Such a fantastic trip!Hopefully I'll bump into a few of you on the boards and hound you all with an endless list of questions which I'll no doubt have when I finally take delivery...fingers crossed for the 26th of March!!Ceri

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Hi Cez, welcome to the forum. Salesmen eh never listen to what you ask for, only interested in the sale.I dont own a cvt and havent driven one, I know a couple of people that do and they say they are brilliant.I must say that the times I have seen one drive along there is something about them they just seem to glide so smoothly.Can't believe your brave enough to admit owning a focus let alone the pro ceeed still you are about to make amends. Hope you enjoy the forum and feel free to comment or suggest ideas. Have a good browse around would like to say that the forum is free from adverts(except the scrolling banner) but as you will be aware it does cost to host the site, merchandise sold on the forum helps and we also offer a paid membership http://jukeownersgroup.com/how-to-support-the-juke-owners-group-forum_topic606.html?FID=9&PR=3totally voluntary regards deks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the welcome Deks I'm sorry to say I still have a slight soft spot for the Focus but the MK1's have become extremely affordable for the boy/girl racer types so I could never go back My salesman called me today to say the approx date for collection of my Juke is 26th of March, providing the DVLA register my private reg on time. I'm impatient though..I want it NOW

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Paul_S wrote:Hi Cez. Nice intro I can't comment on the CVT but I'm sure you'll love the Juke.
Thank you, I'm a chatty person as you can tell lol Its been a while since I've had to introduce myself to a new forum so I didn't know what to say I thought of giving my personal stats but thought my motoring CV would be more appropriate lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
T c wrote:Hi Ceri and welcome. Never mind the others , my wifes has no street cred either as she drives a Piccanto.Tc
Well I'm hoping I can claw a little street cred back I have to defend Kia slightly, they aren't as bad as they used to be. Its the same with Skoda, its hard to shake a certain type of reputation.My first ever car was a MK1 Clio...is that better or worse than a Picanto?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Welcome to the fold Cez.The Juke is worth the wait and is a pleasure to drive daily. One purchase you won't regret and one which will see you stay true to this forum for many moons to come.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the welcome Darren CI've yet to hear a single, negative thing about the Juke so I'm sure you'll see lots of pictures and happy posts from me once I've taken delivery

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Paul_S wrote:I've been in (Wilson's) CVT and it was fine. I didn't drive it so I can't comment on that aspect but it was comfortable and not at all jerky.
The main concern I have about the CVT is on acceleration. My mother got a Citroen Grand Picasso VTR from brand new about 18 months ago. She opted for an automatic due to a shoulder injury. I've driven it many times and I hate it! Its so slow on acceleration from a stationary position. I'm no girl racer but I still feel a childish high when beating a manual off traffic lights lol Also, you can feel a pull back when the transmission changes. Neither have I ever experienced when driving an auto and I've driven a few. I'm trying to put both issues down to it basically being a transit van with seats and therefore a bigger vehicle.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I opted for Nightshade.....although I'm wondering if I made the right choice. Although I love the colour, its going to be a nightmare to touch up if anything should happen...not that it should of course!!

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Cez wrote: I opted for Nightshade.....although I'm wondering if I made the right choice. Although I love the colour, its going to be a nightmare to touch up if anything should happen...not that it should of course!!
The nightshade would be no different to touch up than the red or brown or blue as they are all paints that give a different appearance dependant on the sun.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.