Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All I've just registered, after having a look around the site for a few days as a guest. I've been looking for a new car for the last two years, yes, TWO years. I've not been able to choose. The closer I get to a purchase another something comes along. I've just about decided on the Juke Nismo. The list has been endless, but includes... Alfa Mito Cloverleaf, Audi S3, Q3 and Q5, BMW 135i and the Renaultsport Clio 200 and Megane 265. The biggest reason for deciding not to buy any of those is the cost of options, anywhere between £2000 and £5000 to spec it to what I want. The Nismo ticks all of the boxes, the bhp might be a little low compared to what I drive now,but I know a couple of tuners that can sort that, I hope ;) I test drove the auto last weekend, which was a nice drive (I basically got given the car and was told "I'll see you in a bit") and am test driving the manual this Saturday and hope it's what I expect it to be response wise compared to to auto. It could then just a matter of selling my car or part excahnging if the numbers are right. The added bonus/decider (fingers crossed) is the friend who works for Nissan coming through! Ian

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum good choice look forward to updates. One caution is dont bank on discount through employee scheme as far as I am aware the NIsmo isn't on the scheme. At least it was last month when I was thinking of ordering one.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Welcome V44VAA. you are certainly a person that thinks about what they are doing before deciding but it as paid off, thats obvious by you decision, well done

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hi V4VAA, Welcome to
the Juke Owners Group. The Uk's only juke owners forum

owned and maintained by Genuine Juke Owners for Juke Owners.

The club is run on contributions by members which allows the
site to be advertising free with all monies rasied going toward running costs,
web fees, club meet costs, and competition prizes.

By contributing to
the running costs of the club (£6 or £10 including a club car sticker) you get
full access to all sections and the pm system. Please see this thread on how to support the
forum. Discounts in the members area on purchases of some accessories and other related items

www.jukeownersgroup.com/how-to-support-the-juke-owners-group-forum_topic606.html?FID=3&PR=3

Also we have our
range of clothing and merchandise which
generates an income for the forum as well.

The admin team and moderators provide their time free of charge but we
cannot unfortunately get the hosting for free.

Once again welcome to
"JOG" we hope you enjoy the forum and join in the fun on the forum.

·
Registered
419 Posts
now don't go being too hasty, give yourself time to think this over!I know what you mean about the extras with Audi etc., having had several Mini's and a couple of Audi's in recent years. This was a big factor for me in ordering my Nismo which is fantastic value by comparison. The only downside for me is no DAB or Xenon's but as in life you can't have everything.I heard from my dealer today that mine should arrive around 20th March so now counting down the days.Good luck and I hope you get the deal you need.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gismo wrote:now don't go being too hasty, give yourself time to think this over!I know what you mean about the extras with Audi etc., having had several Mini's and a couple of Audi's in recent years. This was a big factor for me in ordering my Nismo which is fantastic value by comparison. The only downside for me is no DAB or Xenon's but as in life you can't have everything.I heard from my dealer today that mine should arrive around 20th March so now counting down the days.Good luck and I hope you get the deal you need.
Xenons are a great thing, but when they go wrong... They go really wrong!!! HID upgrade might be the way to go!

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Gismo wrote:Yes, HID upgrade might do the trick. Will see how the lights are are when I get the car.Standard headlights are sh*** trust me the very least you will need to do is add night breaker plus I have these in mine and they make a vast difference, I can actually see the road ahead now

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Darren C wrote:Welcome V44VAA; the Nismo crew increases in size. Ha sto be said I am quite taken aback by how popular the Nismo is proving. I doubt they would admit it but I suspect Nissan have been a little overwhelmed aswell. Given they are introudcing spec changes next month on other models to boost sales.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Darren C wrote:Welcome V44VAA; the Nismo crew increases in size.
Almost, I could change my mind again... It's pretty much a done thing this time. It just needs a little tweaking once it's mine!

·
Registered
419 Posts
V44VAA wrote:
What was the lead time on delivery?
It's about 6 weeks. Ordered 11-02 and delivery quoted around 20-03. Longest 6 weeks of my life. Liking the sound of those Night breakers Deks.
Gismo2013-02-13 19:08:06

·
Registered
867 Posts
Deks wrote:
Ha sto be said I am quite taken aback by how popular the Nismo is proving.
I doubt they would admit it but I suspect Nissan have been a little overwhelmed aswell.
Given they are introudcing spec changes next month on other models to boost sales.

You're right Steve; it has to be said that compared to the competitors it is a great all round package and well priced accounting for the goodies that are supplied as standard items.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Congrats on your good choice of the juke nismo. We have a dig-t and that is exciting to drive so I'm sure the nismo is better, not worth us chagning yet, but think about in 12 months when ours is 3 years old.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts