Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was cleaning the interior plastics today I noticed there is a removable plastic panel in the tailgate. It is to give access to the tailgate lock.There is plenty of space behind it and I thought it could be a good location for a boot light. You would need to run a wire from the existing light, up the pillar, and through the flexi rubber tubes that carry the tailgate wiring. I imagine it might be a little tricky but not too bad.Just a thought in case anyone is feeling creative

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've just had another look and this might be easier than I first thought...There is no switch around the tailgate to activate the light, so I reckon it must be the lock that does it. In which case the electrics from the lock are immediately behind the plastic cover.Hmmmm.....

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't call you dumb mate!I was thinking it could be a good general light above the boot. It might be possible to angle it into the boot a bit rather than it just point directly downwards. At the moment we have a single light on the right hand side that gets blocked by something in the boot.I'll experiment a bit to see if it's worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts