Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i may tackle the job of fitting the front styling plate tomorrow, weather depending, has anyone fitted one themselves yet, looked at the info sheet and it looks straight forward using the templates provided to drill the holes to fix, dont really want to remove the lower bumper if possible to fit it, looks do-able in situ too, any tips or guides would be usefull

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
It is doable in situ if 1 you have the patience of a saint. 2 you have very small hands as the acres go in from e back and there is very limited space I did my first one in situ. And removed the bumper for the second one

Btw the 4 bolts and nuts along the bottom are a right pain in the arse as the nut goes on top with barely any access

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am contemplating removing the lower bumper but bit wary of the wheel arch clips that might break off as the rear one did when i tried to remove one, do they clip back in on the front ones do you know from removing yours deks ?

·
Registered
867 Posts
I fitted mine a week or so ago and removed the lower bumper trim to do so as per the guide above.

The wheel arches required quite a degree of encouragement, but worked freely enough eventually. Provided you are firm, but take care, I don't think the clips will separate from the arch. The guide itself is very good.

I found that the guide markers, provided with the plate (and which have self adhesive pads to act as pilots for the drill), didn't stick very well. I applied secondary tape to ensure they didn't move.

I really wouldn't have wanted to try this with the bumper in situ in honesty.

I have some pictures that I will post later; not sure if they will help much.

I am happy to talk you through the process if you need any help tomorrow. PM me and I will share my mobile with you.
Darren C2013-05-05 22:29:02

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks darren and rocks, will study the job tomorrow before starting with the juke on the drive, as deks mentioned might be lot easier when im back in work with it on a ramp for easier access.

·
Registered
867 Posts
As promised; these may help indicate ease of job and how the clips are located/held in place.Unfortunately, time was very much against me during my install; hence the lack of pictorial guide.Good luck.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cheers Darren, got to take wifey shopping first, then going to tackle the job as weather is fantastic here, think i will try the removal first, looks like the arch clpis are the only diffiicult bit, ill just be patient and see what happens, will let you know how it goes, or give you a shout if i get stuck with any of it, hopefully pictures to follow soon

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
right, its done, removing the lower bumper was quite easy to do, fitted the styling plate to it and marked the points to drill, used masking tape to hold the supplied templates in place as extra caution, re-fitted back on car, the really hard bit was as deks had mentioned trying to get the lower bolts atached as there is no room at all to get in there, ive actaully got them in but not 100% tight as i was feeling very ill laid on my back trying to get them in, not easy at all, wife even said what are you doing you silly old fart your too old to that stuff anymore, she may be right, i will take it to work soon and put it on the ramp to get better access and tighten them properly. couple of photos to show done, looks good on i think though.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts