Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would fit my new mud flaps the other day (week old white Acenta Premium) when I noticed that under the front offside exactly where you would fit a Jack (if there was one) the paint had been rubbed off down to the grey primer for about 3".
Why would the dealer jack the car up I thought, surely they would use a lift or trolley jack, so all I can think of is that it probably happened in the factory perhaps before the wheels were fitted.
Has anybody been on a factory visit and noticed how the chassis is supported prior to fitting the wheels.
Anyone else noticed anything similar.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Deks
Your a wealth of knowledge
I suppose if the car sits on the white frame,it's a possibility though I would have thought it is more likely to happen at the dealers or virtually all the cars on the production line would have damage in the same area.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'd take it back to your local dealer if I were you. Although rust protected, better to be safe than sorry. The underside gets the worst of road spray and winter salt.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would do Darren but the dealer is 230 miles away and would no doubt deny responsibility.
It's like the paint is soft and has been rubbed off as there are no marks at all under the paint, it's not like an underseal in that area it just seems to be the normal white body paint.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I was thinking more of a warranty claim as opposed to apportioning blame. Do you not have a Nissan dealership closer?

Failing that, I'd spray it myself in the summer and apply some more protective sealant.

Good luck.

I will be checking the underside of mine in the summer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think i will probably touch it up myself, I can't see a warranty claim being successful as its not paint that's been missed off but damage to the paint, I would suppose Nissans view would be that the damage could have happened anywhere.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I think after today the underside of my juke is the least of my worries. Driving home down the lanes and a gritter came the other way.... Nowhere to go and the car got pummelled with grit, just want to cry, daren't look at my paintwork.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Darren C wrote: Agreed. It usually sounds a lot worse than it is Kats.

A good excuse to get hubby to wash it for you at the weekend...

I agree, wills
Be a good excuse to get Johnto wash it, he can do minewhle he's a it

·
Registered
867 Posts
The salt is usually compacted into solid form; thus the stone like sound. Unlike stones, the salt is more forgiving and breaks up on impact.

Worse case hubby might have to wash and apply a coat of polish...

Hope all pans out well.

·
Registered
663 Posts
hope its all ok for you Kats, i noticed tonight that someone has caught my back bumper, only about 1 inch long but it has gone through the paint down to the black plastic. it really makes you mad and ive only had it 2 months

·
Registered
419 Posts
Kats wrote:It didn't sound like salt!!!! It was like stones being thrown, will check in daylight tomorrow, fingers crossed x
The same thing happened to us yesterday but checked the car when I got home and it's fine. Sounds bad but does not usually do any harm unless you are both travelling at high speeds.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts