Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im hoping to have some news this week, regarding the delivery date of my Silver Nismo and wanted to ask the following.Does the fitting of the centre armrest hinder the gear selection in any way on the manual transmission when in the down position, as the one I tried from the dealer didn't have one fitted

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the arm rest in my juke with premium pack and it doesn't hinder the use of either the gear lever or the handbrake. Just popped out to measure (any excuse to go play in the Juke) and the arm is approx 35cms long leaving at least 30cms between the end of the arm and the gear knob. The only thing it impedes is the full use of the back cup holder as it overhangs it slightly.

·
Registered
542 Posts
At 5 feet 8 inches and in my seating position I would say the same, it does not really impede the controls but then I would say it is more of an elbow rest if you sit straight whilst driving. if you were taller and had the seat further back it could then become more of an armrest, would it then impede the controls to a greater degree ?, I don't know. It needs someone taller to comment on that but it must be relevant to your height and seating position surely as the armrest is in a fixed position and the seat moves forwards and backwards.

·
Registered
44 Posts
On 4WD I fold the arm rest back when I am in manual mode as my elbow hits it otherwise, great when you are cruising though

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I'm 6'2" and have no trouble with the armrest/gears, in fact I had trouble without the armrest.
Since I fitted the iPhone cup holder, i've noticed it's tricky to access a Micky D's coffee when it is in the rear cup holder, so I added a false bottom to raise the cup slightly.
It's one of the round tin style, over-priced air fresheners they have in Halfords. Works a treat.

Now my right arm - That's another matter. Not found the sweet spot yet.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Kid Groucho wrote: I don't like the armrest, it hampers both the gearchange and handbrake - I'm thinking of taking it out.
Looking at your post about seat position, I guess you are sitting further back in the car and this probably explains your problem.
On a positive side, you will sell an armrest in a heartbeat - many people like them so they are like hen's teeth..

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Yes I like mine for long distance works but I leave it up for my short blasts to work as I tend to use the heated seats for the first few minutes to warm up the old back
As it blacks the switch
We tend to use the excellent door pockets for water a lot as well

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Armrest has arrived, bargin at £89.99 + £3.99 postage. Just need the car to arrive now to fit it to, hoping it should arrive at dealers by the end of next week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts