Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, sorry not been on here for a while.quick question, does anyone know if you can replace the old style cd player(nissan) with the newer satnav version?Hope everyone is doing wellliz

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Lizjuke60 wrote:Hi everyone, sorry not been on here for a while.quick question, does anyone know if you can replace the old style cd player(nissan) with the newer satnav version?Hope everyone is doing welllizIn a Juke I assume You can upgrade but will need a few extra pieces of equipment I am not sure exactly what will see if I can find it on a web search the rear camera wont work but everything else should if you add the correct partsalso I am sure you know but you can find the connect units readily available on ebay

·
Registered
790 Posts
im guessing it will be basically the same in a juke , its a simple swap once you have the required parts ie: connect must be from the same vehicle (product code will tell you this) , a patch lead to make the mic work (available from nissan dealer for £11) and a usb port available from holdcrofts (john from holdcrofts is a member here ), make sure if you buy from ebay that the connect comes with the gps aerial and usb lead as these both cost about £100 each to buy if not inc

·
Registered
790 Posts
it still works but each connect is wired to the steering wheel controls differently on each model depending on layout so if you get a different model connect the controls will crosswire so for example the "phone" button would change radio stations and vice versathis would drive me mad so thought id mention it

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Nice info :)If you put a meter on the connector cable you can work out which cable does what and modify the harness to suit the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
790 Posts
you cant paul , some are crosswired to other features for power so its not as easy as it sounds , one qq owner spent an entire weekend trying to do just that and in the end he just bought another connect as it was a nightmare , i have the wiring diagram somewhere and its a weird setup , some wires that go direct to a switch also tee off and feed another item so swapping them caused faults elswhere

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
That's interesting. I wondered if it might be encoded along a serial bus or similar but I didn't realise they would do something like that!I'd be interested to see the wiring diagram if you ever find it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts