Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are patiently waiting to take delivery of our white 1.5dci teckna and we are both like kids in a sweet shop. We have had numerous new cars but never have we been so inpatient.
In experience should we get parking sensors front,back or both? Also has anyone had the paint protection and is it worth it?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Paint protection
Waste of Time
The dealers charge £250/£299 for it which costs them maybe £20 a tin and half and hour of a mechanics /valetters time to put on
That sort of money would buy some quality waxes ,polishes and sealants ,clay bar and lube and a da polisher too
And they would last for many years too

Not sure about parking sensors as no experience of them but I'm looking forward to my nismos camera

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
LFL57 wrote:We are patiently waiting to take delivery of our white 1.5dci teckna and we are both like kids in a sweet shop. We have had numerous new cars but never have we been so inpatient. In experience should we get parking sensors front,back or both? Also has anyone had the paint protection and is it worth it?Hi Welcome to the forum. Nice to see someone local to me on the forum. Parking sensors are a personal choice, I dont see the need myself as the camera works great for rear view. Forget the paint protection you can either do it yourself for a fraction of the cost or get a detailing expert to do a far superior job making your car look supreme for a lot less than dealer charges for for the paint protection alone. Take a look in the detailing section for more info.Hope to see you around the local area soon, you cant miss my Juke driving about.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hi LFL57, Welcome to
the Juke Owners Group. The Uk's only juke owners forum

owned and maintained by Genuine Juke Owners for Juke Owners.

The club is run on contributions by members which allows the
site to be advertising free with all monies rasied going toward running costs,
web fees, club meet costs, and competition prizes.

By contributing to
the running costs of the club (£6 or £10 including a club car sticker) you get
full access to all sections and the pm system. Please see this thread on how to support the
forum. Discounts in the members area on purchases of some accessories and other related items

www.jukeownersgroup.com/how-to-support-the-juke-owners-group-forum_topic606.html?FID=3&PR=3

Also we have our
range of clothing and merchandise which
generates an income for the forum as well.

The admin team and moderators provide their time free of charge but we
cannot unfortunately get the hosting for free.

Once again welcome to
"JOG" we hope you enjoy the forum and join in the fun on the forum.

·
Registered
663 Posts
welcome to the forum LFL57. nice choice in the Tekna, you will enjoy it im sure. i agree with the others, the paint protection is a waste of money from the dealer. regarding the parking sensors, as Deks says it is down to personal choice. i find the reversing camera is all i need, why spend money if you dont need to but it maybe something you have had before and have got used to

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Welcome, LFL57.

As one of the world's worse parallel parkers, I can wholeheartedly recommend the reversing camera. I don't have the front sensors, but haven't hit anything (yet) as the curved front end of the car makes one over-estimate the distance a bit, and therefore not run into the car ahead, wall, gatepost, dog, wheelie bin etc :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts