Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, well i will be attempting to go back to work on Monday after 3 long months on the sick and i can honestly say i am not looking forward to it one little bit. As some of you will know i was retired off the front line ambulances just over 2 years ago due to a bad back injury i recieved after a fall at work. I was placed in the Emergancy Control Centre and trained up to take the 999 calls. As you can imagine after years of being on the road it was a bit of a shock to work indoors, the job is a very impotant job indeed and a lot of people love it but im a people person and need to be out there with them. never the less i must go back and give it a try...still have a few more tests and x-rays to be done on the old ticker but fingers crossed on that one. What i wanted to say was that this forum has been like a life line for me, it has kept me sane for the last 3 months, i dont know what i would have done without it. How i would have past my time away nobody knows. i love the banter although there have been a couple of times when ive been a little low i may have misread the odd joke and not fully understood it..i want to thank you all for helping me get over a very difficult time in my life, and believe me it has been very difficult. Deks you in perticular, you have been great, i have given you some stick a few times in PM's i have sent you, but i believe we have become good friends because of your kindness and if i have upset anyone along the way then it hasnt been intentional, i am by nature a nice guy. Once again thank you all so very much

·
Registered
838 Posts
All the best OB . Just think like I do, if its same sh*t different day , you'll still have that drive home in your lovely Juke, hopefully!
Had a shocker today , but got on that M69 in sport mode, music turned up, and, oh yeah" not a bad life really"

·
Registered
867 Posts
We are one big family OB.

May I toast to continued improvements to your health and a smooth and enjoyable transition back to work...

As others have said; you have the Juke to entice you into making the daily commute - I know I look forward to my daily drive (albeit only a few miles each way).

Take care buddy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi OB hope all goes well on your return and that you feel ok. I understand how you feel as i was medically retired 4 yrs ago at the age of 49 due to several heart attacks and severe kidney failure after surgery would give anything to return to work. This forum keeps me sane aswell even tho i'm not into it properly yet but will be from Monday when i pick up my new Juke premium. Keep well and god bless.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Look after yourself OB
I have a stressful job and love to unwind with a few hours on the forums I frequent to calm be down at nights

Infact if I'm at home I never answer the phone of it rings as I answer it all day at work and like time out

When I'm stressed at work I like to wander out and look at my car in my car parking bay

Looking forward to the Nismo Oops I mean JUKE Nismo so I can admire it take it out of the garage and drive it to work
Makes all the crap at work worth it when you can look forward to letting it rip on the way home as I normally work to 8pm and roads are quite driving home

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
take it easy don't let them wind you up, i no what it's like in the nhs and don't let the training get you down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.