Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
phil555 wrote:. What is its purpose BTW?I have to say I have often asked that question myself. TBH I am only thinking of it because someone else suggested it to meit clearly isnt big enough to prevent many stones from damaging the bonnet and I think the current car i have has damage higher upso I suppose its a cosmetic look thing

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
I have it on mine (gun metallic) and I think it looks pretty good - the only criticism I have is that they should have made a couple of smaller ones to go at either side to continue the protection. It should stop stone chips at the leading edge of the bonnet (which I've always had on previous cars).

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I organised a meet in May 2011 at Gaydon and we had 2 white Jukes attend with black spoilers. One was meage bytes above the other was Holdcrofts demo

Deks2012-11-15 16:13:12

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On subject of rear spoiler I considered painting my new one black along with mirror covers but as my car is red my lovely wife mrs D remarked it would look like a ladybird. So I changed my mind

·
Registered
790 Posts
im putting a bonnet deflector on my new qq , always liked them and think they look great , my bonnets leading edge has a couple of nasty chips and dents from stones that would not be there if had fitted this last time , also they protect upto 30% more of the windscreen than not having one but i guess that depends on the angle the stone comes from id have it just for the looks , the protection is just a bonus

·
Registered
215 Posts
ctrdetailing wrote:id have it just for the looks , the protection is just a bonus
They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it certainly isn't in the eye of this beholder. I think it is ugly, and I would want it to provide more protection than the Kray brothers before I would want one. But if you like it, fine; it's your car so do what makes you happy.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I personally think it looks ok and I like the idea of the protection afforded; I would be more worried about scratching the bonnet during installation and or dirt getting trapped resulting in damage over time. I don't image it is good practice to keep removing it?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have one and it looks great and most importantly it works!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.