Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 13 days from getting my Tekna (in solid white) and can't keep myself away from any Nissan dealer I see.My question is, what boot undertray will I get? In almost 100% of the Jukes I have seen they have the one with a central 'pillar' and formed shapes to take spare wheel changing kit. However, had a look at an N-Tec today at Cannock Nissan and that has the plain undertray!!!!!!I'd really like the plain undertray - much more useful.Does anyone know?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
well I would have said you would get the tray with the handle in the middle and the type to take the toolsbut if Nissan are sending the ntec to dealers with the hollow deep tray maybe this is the new norm

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've certainly only seen the one with the handle on cars in the showroom but you can buy the tray without a handle, I was thinking about rigging it with my Dremel but mine still isn't due for a few weeks so haven't looked at it more. Hopefully if they all come like that I won't have to rig it! Mine isn't even in the factory yet :-(

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I hope Nissan have seen sense and just got rid of the one with the handle! Such a waste of space on what is already a tiny boot!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
So guys.
"Bond something in the bottom" is where I'm going to go, but I would really appreciate some suggestions as to what would work and look OK.
Fibreglass might not bond well but I'm wondering about covering the inside in any case to get a uniform finish - thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Deks wrote: yep cut the handle out and bond something in the bottom job done and a damn site cheaper than the replacement above.

Had a more detailed look at this issue.
The handle actually provides structural support to the top boot shelf - which is not really that substantial.

I think the advantages are much more than potential problems, but for sure, without that support, the top would sag and eventually bend and become useless.....

·
Registered
136 Posts
CR4ZYHORSE wrote: I think the advantages are much more than potential problems, but for sure, without that support, the top would sag and eventually bend and become useless.....
considering nissan sell a bucket without the handle I would hope it was stronger than we think.... I would still reinforce somehow....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wishing mine had the non-handle version - my dog may have decided she liked being in the boot if she could've sat in that, alas, I've had to buy one of those god awful rear seat hammocks for her - she was having none of being squished in the boot!!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
you can buy the different buckets for the boot but they are around £150....but you may be able to then sell your old handled one to someone on ebay

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did a deal with the dealer to get the deep tray when I purchased my Juke - there are I believe two trays available one for those without a spare and those with a spare or the 4x4 version which I understand is slightly shallower.Really pleased with it as it gives so much more flexibility. It takes my wife's wheelchair with ease and there is still plenty of room left in the boot - gives me much more excuse to take the Juke out instead of her Galaxy. I still ended up with the original boot tray so have that stored so that when I change to another Juke in a couple of years I'll hopefully have the tray to fit as long as Nissan do not radically change designs

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
The bit under the floor in the 4x4 is completely filled with the spare - no tray for us!

Not sure if it helps hold the floor up though, haven't thought to look at that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.