Nissan Juke Forum banner

Brakes

5K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  ViezuJuke 
#1 ·
Well hello boys and girls. It's been a while. As some of you have noticed, the DigT brakes are rather rubbish and I'm finally sick of wondering if it will stop in time and having to use excessive force to pull up the hand brake to a point that the car will hold on a steep hill. Frankly I just don't trust it. So has anyone changed the stock brake pads for something a little more up market?
Deks2013-02-15 21:31:12

#8 ·
ctrdetailing wrote:wouldnt you need to change pads and discs??? , or will decent pads make that much difference on there own ???I spoke with MB earlier and suggested he asked that very question here as I am not that up on it I presume that a decent set of pads would improve the braking without the need to change the discs aswellalthough I would guess doing both would be better

#11 ·
I'd have thought grooved/dimpled discs and a set of EBC yellow stuff or similar oads would be the way to go.There are companies like 3G and similar that will machine a set of standard brembo cast discs to your spec.I've used umpteen different brands of pads over the years, but for the money EBC green or yellow have always been the best trade off between price and performance...

#14 ·
THE best pads by far for fast road and competent on track are Ferodo DS2500, I deal with a company called BG developments in Bromsgrove, Worcs. and they do a lot of the testing and development for AP Racing and AP use these pads in their big brake kits.Had some in a track car once and never got them to fade.Compared to EBC the heat range is far wider.Another worthwhile upgrade is braided hoses, because there are 6 hoses on the Juke there is a lot of room for expansion of the lines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.