Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK i have searched around but cant find the answer i am looking to upgrade my headlight and front fog light bulbs, i found that the headlights are H4 but i cant find what the foglights are i think they are H8 maybe?i found that on a USA juke site so not sure if they differ in our cars? so can anyone confirm what the fog lights are? kimi
kimi2012-08-14 19:23:59

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jay dawge wrote:I have some PIAA Extreme white headlight bulbs ordered, I will let you know how they work out.
i was just looking at those pictures when fitted would be great, hardly anyone shows the results of bulb upgrades in pictures!i need to see what the colour looks like

·
Registered
206 Posts
any upgrades for the rear lights have done my number plate but would like to know of any others for the rear as I travelled behind a juke the other evening lights looked dull ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I upgraded to the below on my Juke. All from ebay and are very good and also decent price.

Headlights - OSRAM NIGHTBREAKER PLUS H4 - PAIR - 90% MORE LIGHT! - LOW/DIPPED BEAM

Sidelights - New Xenon 5 SMD LED Side Light White Bulb T10 W5W 501

Front Indicators - NEW! OSRAM DIADEM CHROME PY21W 12V 21W (581) INDICATOR BULBS TWIN PACK

Wing indicators - Chrome 501 Side indicator Bulbs NISSAN QASHQAI JUKE TERRANO X-TRAIL MICRA SUNNY

Interior Lights - 2 x T10 194 168 501 W5W 42 SMD LED Car Side Wedge Light Bulbs Lamp 12V

·
Registered
215 Posts
What is your opinion of the Nightbreakers? I put some in my Juke and my initial impression was favourable, but having used them a bit more I find I would still like more fill at distance. They are a definite improvement, but I may look something better.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
SJukeF wrote:What is your opinion of the Nightbreakers? I put some in my Juke and my initial impression was favourable, but having used them a bit more I find I would still like more fill at distance. They are a definite improvement, but I may look something better.I have nightbreakers in mine100% improvement over original but it could always be better, though I dont by what and without dazzling on coming traffic.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have the night breakers but now have a dilemma, my led side lights despite ordering pure white on 3 different types , still have a blueish tint and now i`ve fitted the drl leds they are a good match with the sides,(looks fantastic in the dark) but my nightbreakers are still yellowish, so have been looking today at Philips and Osram `Blue` options. Anyone had experience with these ?
Thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
Not personally but friends have tried both. Have heard good reports of the Philips Extreme bulbs but disappointing results from the Osram Blue. I think the Philips are probably similar to the Nightbreakers. This is in terms of how well you can see to drive rather than how the lights look from the outside of the car.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Deks wrote:it could always be better, though I dont by what and without dazzling on coming traffic.
Agreed. The options I am considering are:1. Higher wattage bulbs2. HID conversion3. Additional spotlightsMy thoughts are that it is difficult to find a legal solution with options 1 & 2, whilst option 3 would look like a boy racer and thus fail to pass the "acceptable to wife" test.

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Careful with option 1 - does anyone know what the headlamps are made of? If they are plastic, then the higher wattage bulb will produce more heat and it's a question of whether the headlamps will take this extra heat without melting - it's possible they will be OK, but if they melt, it certainly wouldn't be a warranty replacement, aside the fact that I believe construction and use does make this illegal.

You could upgrade the front fogs - I don't know the specs of the lights, but if they are true fog lights, then replacing them with spot lights would do it. That may be legal and easier.actd2012-11-12 19:24:20

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
the headlamps I think are plastic.I have to say that I personally am totally against aftermarket HID kits as I dont believe any are made to the same parameters as factory fitted and I am also a little fed up with being blinded by such ill fitted items

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
I believe after market kits are also illegal unless they have auto self levelling - I don't think many after market kits have this, so they'd fail the MOT, and technically could invalidate your insurance.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Agreed about the legality problems with HID kits. I haven't seen any that I am confident are legal.Most high wattage bulbs are not legal. PIAA do make some that are E-marked and legal. I don't know of any others.I wasn't aware of the problem with melting plastic headlights. It sounds like something to be wary of so thanks for pointing it out. Has anyone tried this in a Juke? Got good or bad results to report?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.