Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there seems to be some confusion over this on topics I have read elsewhere.
Nissan are not doing a recall on this issue you have to take it to
the dealer and arrange the repair under warranty but make sure the
dealer is aware of the need to add the wiggets to the bumper after
repair. The fix has been approved for about 6 weeks now I believe I
can't remember exactly when.they asked to do mine first but as mine has
little signs of wear I pointed them in the direction of another person
who covered more mileage than me and was more likely to spot a
reoccurrance, They as far as I know have had no repeat problem
So contact your local dealer get it booked in and sorted, mine is
currently in was done(03/11) and awaiting the modification parts to
come from Nissan
Any problems or dealers not playing ball or knowing whats going on tell them to contact tec support or ring NCSI have heard from several people whose dealers claimed no fix was in place but then subsequently after they were phoned by Nissan the fix was done, so any problems call NCS tell them dealer isnt acknowledging repair and ask them to sort it this should do the trick

G

·
My Juke goes in today to have the fix. As Deks says, the dealers don't appear to have been told about the fix but a quick phone call to Nissan Customer Services should get it sorted out. Lj2.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine went in in November no problem, mind you mine was actually sorted and arranged by NissanGB.I have known of others that dealers were not playing ball with until Nissan intervention and even then one of them said this was a one off. Strange way Nissan is operating on this I understand the non recall thing as it isnt a safety issue and doesnt affect all cars but I do wish they would send deailsout to all the dealers telling them whats what

G

·
Totally agree on that last point. I heard that somebody had had theirs done in November in Coventry so went to my dealers who showed me all of the bullitens that they had received and there was nothing to do with the fix. I then went home phoned NCS who told me to go back to my dealers and have them phone NCS, which they did and were told how to go about getting the fix authorised. No blame, at all, on my dealers on this occassion. Now I'm carless, as my other car is in having work done, as well. Lj2.

·
Registered
135 Posts
This is an old subject from Deks Dec 2011
I do not want to re-invent this problem again but would just like to make the comment that we also had the problem at the Rear of the Juke.
In early 2012 on our 2011 Juke I noticed that a Wing / Spoiler problem (RH) had appeared and as our Dealer had not been informed by NCS on a production problem they agreed to correct the problem themselves which they did but soon after the (LH) side had also the same problem. On contacting NCS and obtaining a Nissan Complaint ID No. the Dealer was informed of a modification involving the installation of a Plastic Spacers to separate the two parts and prevent the rubbing. The Front was then completely resprayed.

Before going into the Body Shop I then noticed the same problem had appeared at the Rear (RH) of the Juke and mentioned this to the Dealer. On picking up the Juke the Rear had also been corrected locally by the Dealer (May 2012). Then in Oct 2012 the same problem arose again at the Rear but now on both sides, NCS then agreed to correct this problem but there was no Nissan Spacer modification for the Rear as "it had never been heard of" before. After the repair work was completed it was noticed that there was a "bowing" of the Rear Bumper where it met the Side Wing Area. The result was that NCS then agreed to fit a complete new Rear Panel for 800 UK Pounds, but there was no Spacer modification available so just a foil strip to separate the parts was installed. Anyway job is done Front and Back are still looking good and the contact between the Dealer and NCS was good.
When I take a look at earlier Jukes here in Berlin almost all of the earlier models have this problem. As this was not a "Call Back" action obviously nothing is done until the customer finds the problem and reports it to the Dealer.
The question is how many UK Owners are still driving around with these problems ?. It is only when there are Forums like this that the problems are mentioned, but unfortunately not all Juke customers have access or know of the Forum.
Photos 2x Front / 1x RH Rear / 1x Bow :

·
Super Moderator
714 Posts
Hi David, I bought my Accenta 16 months ago and 3 months later the dealer rang me
to tell me about the paint fault and arranged a date to do the job.

All to my satisfaction, cant fault my dealer on this,

·
Registered
135 Posts
Bernie, you were lucky and cannot fault the Dealer then for the Service. Unfortunately at that time our Dealer had no Information on this problem and I can guarantee we were probably one of the only customers who have complained but we had it at both ends also - Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts