Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi (first time to post)
I have a 2012 1.5 Diesel Acenta. Been a great car, had it from 6,000 miles, now at 97,000 no real issues.
Had cambelt changed in Sept due mileage and immediately noticed a vibration/growling noise coming from car after the change. The noise happens when I pull off initially. Not heard going down hill. Lasts for 2 seconds approx. There is slight vibration on the accelerator pedal too. It doesn't do it if I am more heavy on accelerator as I pull off so low revs only.
It also doesn't do it if I reverse when starting so only when going forwards. Does it every time virtually after stopping and then moving at traffic lights etc. Once I start driving it is fine and drives quietly and smoothly.
I also notice that when I start the car up (turn key to engage) there is a rattling/vibration noise for a second just before it fires. All part of the same problem as this wasn't there either before the cambelt change.
The garage who fitted it diagnosed a hairline crack in the engine mount (below gearbox) upon inspection after I reported it and fitted a new Nissan mount @ £160, but it didn't fix it!! They have been unable to find the problem and washed their hands of it even though they can hear it. Basically they don't think they caused it. They have checked various things like the exhaust (sounds like it is the exhaust but seems all ok) and also the mount and all around the cambelt area.
My own mechanic who I should have used but was booked up at the time has really tried to sort this out. He is a general mechanic (not Nissan) but has looked at it thoroughly and checked all underneath (in case it was jacked up and damaged underneath) and tightened up everything in engine including a couple of cable ties in case something was rubbing or vibrating etc ... but no luck! It's driving me mad, 6 months of it now! It sounds as though something hasn't been tightened up properly and is vibrating on something else or touching something else. The noise was definitely a result of the cambelt change..car was fine beforehand. It's very hard to detect where noise comes from as can't be heard when stationary (except when firing ignition) and seems to be heard from inside the car only. Mechanic thinks it's the engine somewhere but others think it sounds like the exhaust! Can anybody help please with what this might be? Apologies for huge post!

·
Registered
6 Posts
1 post, a year ago, you'll be lucky to get a reply
Try this

While engine is running and neutral selected, gently depress the clutch pedal. If the rattle stops then the problem is the dual mass flywheel.
Hi

Look through the large hole in the front lower bumper (drivers side)

Check the intercooler is sat on its rubber mountings in the subframe .
I had the same issue and it was the intercooler touching the radiator causing the vibration
Solution posted under name SRO9
Thx
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts