Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the Camera alert on my Juke it does not seem to sense all cameras, so does it know where the cameras are via mapping (so will not find new ones).
Or does it pick up a signal from the camera (if this is the case why does it miss some cameras)
?

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
ctrdetailing wrote:there stored on the system as files so if its not there now it wont ever be unless you update them and pay nissan for the privilege
Or pay pocketGPSworld, which is cheaper and far more accurate/up to date, but you will get double alerts sometimes. I've actually found an easier solution to the double alerts - rather than trying to remove duplicates, I've simply turned off the beep, and have only the warning displaying on the screen - I still notice them all as it's just in my peripheral vision, but don't notice so much that it's a double warning.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for info.
How much do Nissan charge for updates as screen message is telling me needs updating and to contact dealer ?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
mellon man wrote:Thanks for info.
How much do Nissan charge for updates as screen message is telling me needs updating and to contact dealer ?about £120, I think the update message is an automatic thing, mine does it just about service time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Deks. - £120 seems a bit much for an update (as my portable TOM TOM updates only costs about £40) what are the alternatives ?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
mellon man wrote:Thanks Deks. - £120 seems a bit much for an update (as my portable TOM TOM updates only costs about £40) what are the alternatives ?Don't bother. Or look out for someone selling a more upto date SD card. Ebay can be a good source but check the code on it to ensure its a newer version than you currently have.

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Deks wrote:the code written down the side 25920 BH00Ethat is the latest card or at least was a month ago
which shows how up to date it isn't - I have the 'E' card in mine, and it's just over a year old.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My card number is 25920 BH00D 2011
So I guess could do with an update but where is the best place to get one or can I update this card, can any one recommend a site they have used ? As I don't want to chance screwing up unit with a non compatible program

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
I think e-bay is a good source if you are lucky. Having said that, how much have the roads really changed in a couple of years - enough to worry about realistically?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's the speed cameras that are more of a concern to me as I currently have nine points on my licence.
And I have noticed on several occasions it has not warned me as they must have been put up more recent or warns me of ones that are no longer there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Interesting.. Picked my juke up last week, . Registered Jan 2012

I said to the salesman before I signed for it.. "Has it got the latest mapping installed"

He said "yes...2012"

Just checked and its 2011 ....

Taking it in tomorrow for them to valet as there is a faint whiff of *** smoke in it... Bryn2013-03-16 16:18:15

·
Registered
790 Posts
one of my mods on the qq forum kindly gave me a road angel , wow what a great bit of kit and has saved me the worry of the old camera files now built into the connect , ill leave thios turned off and use the angel for camera alerts it come with a remote control that has a store button so if you spot a mobile van you just hit the store button and it will alert other road angel users that pass that spot that theres a live van there also when you approach a speed camera it tells you via voice that you are approaching one and what the speed of the road is plus it beeps and turns red if you are travelling over that speed how have i lived without this just need to buy a dash mount for it as the original is being left in his car as it was covering some damage

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good call ctrdetailing - will look into getting a Road Angel if they are that good and will probably cheaper than getting an updated Nissan SD mapping card that by the fact that it's on files can never be 100% up to date and does not warn of those dam mobile camera traps.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts