Nissan Juke Forum banner

Can we have a how to - mudflaps?

4K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Paul_S 
#1 ·
Good morning. I anticipate skinned knuckles and blue air unless there is a chance someone does a how to for fitting all four mudflaps. Any advice gratefully received!!!

#3 ·
I'd like this how to and effectiveness as well - trying to decide whether to buy a set.

#6 ·
Personally I prefer the look and I feel happier with the added sill/rear bumper protection afforded. True the splash resistance is limited, but the protection is a bonus.

I found removing the rear wheels made fitting the rears much easier. The fronts can be done with the wheels turned full lock left and right respectively.

#7 ·
Asbury Juke wrote:
They dont make a huge difference to keeping the car clean.Youw il still have to wash it sometime.I put on mine because i hate the spray off cars in the rain that dont have them fitted. There are or should be fitting instuctions with the mudflaps.Very easy to follow. Garry
Hmmm that suggests that the functionality is pretty much secondary to the appearance - which means I could move to a more "original" appearance for my motor....

#8 ·
CR4ZYHORSE wrote: Asbury Juke wrote:
They dont make a huge difference to keeping the car clean.Youw il still have to wash it sometime.I put on mine because i hate the spray off cars in the rain that dont have them fitted. There are or should be fitting instuctions with the mudflaps.Very easy to follow. Garry
Hmmm that suggests that the functionality is pretty much secondary to the appearance - which means I could move to a more "original" appearance for my motor....

Believe me, for the money, there as much use as a handbrake on a canoe

#9 ·
I'm 50% there!! Front ones done. If you are fitting them with the car on the floor as normal, then there's not really enough room to get the drill in. However, the plastics are soft and you can use the supplied screw anchor washer thing as a guide to poke a hole with a small Philips screwdriver.
Anyway, here are the shots of the instructions that come with the front mudflaps; just follow them, it's easy.

Pages 1 and 4

Pages 2 and 3

#10 ·
I fitted ours when we got the car. I don't remember it being too tricky except for the plastic clips they supply are a fraction too short and tricky to fit. The first attempt at clicking them into place resulted in one springing off and me hunting for it under the car They save a bit of splash but not a great deal. I like the look of them though, and they're cheap enough Let us know how you get on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.