Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,my baby is the 1.6 accenta sport's 2011,my good wife decided to hang a car smelly on the12v power socket and we didn't notice that it touched the centre console until the paint started to bubble.Does anyone know if you can get a replacement console,please don't do what I have done coz I feel like a right prune..

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Wow wee not come across that before. Would have thought the paint was better applied than that.
You will be able to buy one from Nissan I am sure of that. However you may want to speak with a smart repair person to see if they can re paint it for you. Will probably involve removing it.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I've not heard that either but the one time I bought one I remember reading the packet and it said not to let it touch the interior of the car.I hope you get it fixed quickly and cheaply.

·
Super Moderator
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx for that Deks,The colour by the way is force red and now that I have removed the smelly, the paint has dried but it is full of bubbles about 1 inch radius.I was thinking of covering it with some red carbon fibre looking tape as its about one inch from the front edge of the console and its very hard to see, (but I know its there) and its annoying me.I am over the moon with this fabulous Juke and its running perfect and I have to do this to it.(gutted)

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Haha, I have only owned one because I had to hang it off the rear view mirror and it annoyed me. Then it faded and looked rubbish so now my cars just smell

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Kats wrote:OMG if it did that to the paintwork what does it do to your insides when you breath it...... Hope you get it sortedI doubt it's any worse than half a dozen bottles of wine

·
Registered
790 Posts
most fresheners do this , the worst are the liquid filled ones , i saw the damage it did a car when the owner hung one on the vent grille upside down and overnight it ran all down the dash and stripped all the rubber coating off like it had been burned off , it nasty stuff and id never have one near my car , i use mequiars car freshener , its in a mist bottle and not only smells great but is completely harmless to your plastics

1 - 9 of 9 Posts