Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all . had a call from West Way friday to say my new Tekna CVT had landed at their compound. had to go up today and take the relevant paperwork round for them to register my car with my cherished plates before i can collect it so hopefully about 2 weeks to wait and no more. tax office dont rush themselves in Birmingham..looking forward to getting it now as it seems ages since i ordered it, 09/11/12 so its a few weeks now

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Is your plate on retention or on car?
If the local office is close by you can do it same day to take it off the car I do mine by post and it only takes about 10days if I drive up I can have it all done same day. Obviously. Then you have to wait for V5 to come back to hand over .

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Deks, plate is on the car. its easier for me to let the dealer do it , plus they are paying for it. im happy to have the car at the end of the month so it should all work out quite well.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Was just playing over at the dvla plate website.

There are 513 plates available in the format xx57UKE

I'm not suggesting for a moment that anyone would want to mis space, or misrepresent characters, but it is true to say that a 5 does look a bit like an S

And you do need to put a screw somewhere, vaguely near ish to the bottom of the 7, just to help keep the plate fixed to the car.

Of course, a less than legal owner may be tempted to represent one of these plates as something like, as an example

TT'S 7UKE

but I wouldn't recommend that, obviously :)

All of these 57UKE plates seem to be £799, just for info

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
seems a tad expensive for an old plate. I only paid £499 for my 60 plate back in 2010quite a good plate if I do say so myself, OF60WEEluckily for me the screw holding the plate on went right thru the 6 making it look like a Gmind you the new one doesnt as plates were stuck on

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Mine was £250 - I can't understand why DVLA are charging £799 - unless it is aimed at Juke drivers and they are encouraging the misrepresentation!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
£499 for the L40URD
and £190 for A5JJH ( I also have A13 JJH too ) when I got them in 1990
V5MGH is on retention but don't think the boy will ever come back from Aussie so will keep it as an investment
M99 HAR is on the everyday Accord

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I ve said it before but here are mineOF60WEE on the Juke cost £499S66HUD £250 on retention going on my taxi, my intial and first 3 letters of surname, year I was bornK80 HUD £200 inc car it was on, my favourite my daughters plate KATY which is wat K80 reads she is currently 6 so need to find a car to put it on in the meantime.
Deks2013-03-14 09:00:01

·
Registered
165 Posts
Acrorat it is interesting that your AWD has a similar number you ours."Hachi" has M1 LWT, my wife's initials; she purchased the plate for her first Mazda in the early !990's.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
bakertech wrote: Acrorat it is interesting that your AWD has a similar number you ours."Hachi" has M1 LWT, my wife's initials; she purchased the plate for her first Mazda in the early !990's.

Mine is actually M ten, but looks like the Italian or Spanish for My Juke :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
As the Juke is actually my better half's ... Had a look over the weekend and found a 'buy it now'. For £250 , on retention with the transfer fee already paid..

A clue to her name is in the plate MK53 LYN.

Pretty good for the money!

MK 53 is really pleased with it

Just waiting for the log book to come back and we'll be up to Nottingham VRO Bryn2013-03-14 19:14:50

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I ve just found some more plates that interest me will have to speak to mrsdone is E14HUD which should make the teenager happy E for Emma Hud surnamebut these I just have to get one of D3KSAD3KSDD3KSED3KSFD3KSLD3KSND3KSRD3KSUD3KSVD3KSXoddly i ve looked before but never found must have been looking wrong

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Deks wrote:I ve just found some more plates that interest me will have to speak to mrsdone is E14HUD which should make the teenager happy E for Emma Hud surnamebut these I just have to get one of D3KSAD3KSDD3KSED3KSFD3KSLD3KSND3KSRD3KSUD3KSVD3KSXoddly i ve looked before but never found must have been looking wrong
You wouldn't possibly be thinking that you might need a screw hole between the 1 and the 4 perchance?EM HUD would indeed look fab

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.