Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ctrdetailing suggested a christmas get together which I assume will include the QQ owners Club as he is the admin for that. We are thinking early Decemeber so as not to interfere to much with peoples Christmas plans a couple of people have expressed a like for this so thought a seperate thread would be a good idea2 questions how many interested and where?My vote on location is Tamworth in Staffs. why? because I can leave the kids with the outlaws as they live there and its fairly central in the midlands so kind of accesible to all.I would say if we were to do this location would have to depend on who is going and where they are from

Deks2012-09-12 18:16:55

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kats wrote:Me too, it would be nice to travel less than 200 miles as previous trips have been quite farlast one would have been less had you took the right route homeI knew you and Iceman would welcome a christmas meet the midlands is Ok with me its about 180 miles, but it is central England A mainline train station would be a big bonus for us aswell, saves us driving

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sallyspud wrote:Got a Christmas do on the 7th, but sounds like a plan. If you want mids I know a couple of good places, where we've had Xmas do's through hubby's work. Depends how expensive you want to go. expensive I was working on cheap like premier inn with meal deal

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
one thought as in the Summer last year when we met up we booked a best western and the bar was open until we finished which was at 0300 as I recall. So that discounts the premier inn i think as their bars are attached pubs that will close around 11.pm

·
Registered
185 Posts
11 is to early so I agree with you has to be hotel

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know its only Sept but if people really want to have a christmas get together it needs to be sorted fairly soon so we can get it booked before no rooms are available.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I agree, the earlier the better from an arranging point of view

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I ve down a quick search of Best western hotels in the Tamworth area(none in Tamworth)I picked best western as this is what we stayed in last year and the bar was open til we finished which we would need to confirm before we select or book onehere is a link to map showing those in this areahttp://www.bestwestern.co.uk/Search/Search-Results.aspx#MapThis isnt an ideal location for me as its 180 miles mut it is central England and to me is about the best location. I would prefer Tamworth from a selfish point of view as I can get their by train leave the kids with the outlaws and walk to a hotel so any further afield I will need a lift If we want to do this we will need to book soon and set a date otherwise nothing will be availableI reckon the 1st December is a good date it is also a Saturday

Deks2012-09-14 18:30:25

·
Registered
185 Posts
A whole week after .......sounds like a lightweight

·
Registered
185 Posts
Paul- you have restored my faith, with me being patial to a pint or two, purely medicinal of course, and looking at Kats comment I can see you are a gentleman as well. I agree that to miss the 11am pint would be poor form.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.