Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car just turns over and over first time in the morning when it’s cold - sub 8 degrees (3 attempts sometimes) but once started it starts instantly for the rest of the day. I’ve had all 4 glow plugs and GP control unit replaced and I have taken the advice to let the glow plugs warm up before starting the engine. The problem is with the stop/start the glow plugs don’t fire up until you start the engine not with just the ignition. So I’ve tried starting up and quickly turning off when glow plug symbol goes off before the engine can start and that’s not working either. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if there is a problem with the manufacture of this model?
Or that maybe it is a fuel filter or injector that needs replacing?
The battery appears fine and is quite new - but there was a code that came up for the batter about insufficient voltage or something.
Any advice from anyone who has experienced would be greatly appreciated as this is really irritating and stressful.
Thanks 🙏🏼

·
Registered
3 Posts
My car just turns over and over first time in the morning when it’s cold - sub 8 degrees (3 attempts sometimes) but once started it starts instantly for the rest of the day. I’ve had all 4 glow plugs and GP control unit replaced and I have taken the advice to let the glow plugs warm up before starting the engine. The problem is with the stop/start the glow plugs don’t fire up until you start the engine not with just the ignition. So I’ve tried starting up and quickly turning off when glow plug symbol goes off before the engine can start and that’s not working either. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if there is a problem with the manufacture of this model?
Or that maybe it is a fuel filter or injector that needs replacing?
The battery appears fine and is quite new - but there was a code that came up for the batter about insufficient voltage or something.
Any advice from anyone who has experienced would be greatly appreciated as this is really irritating and stressful.
Thanks 🙏🏼
Low fuel pressure in the fuel rail try pressing the button without starting the engine a couple of time you should hear the pump prime, then see if it starts first time.
If the fuel pressure is low the computer turns off the injectors.
Possible causes:-
Faulty fuel pressure sensor located on the common rail.
A break in the fuel line.
A weak prime pump.
A faulty injector.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts