Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi allOk, 1st of all.... I am NOT in the UK ;) .... but in Cape Town, South Africa. Trust it's ok to join this forum.2nd... I collect my Juke (black) this week after waiting for over a month... Being in South Africa our terms are slightly different I think (someone mentioned 190bps (?) somewhere and I haven't a clue what that is LOL... anyhoooo... my Mr Juke (oh yes, definitley a boy - all my cars have been boys) is the Acent + model and as mentioned black. No extras, and only 200km on the clock - so brand new! I've never had a brand new car before so this is even more exciting. Once I have my baby I will post a photo with a special background ;) ;)VERY excited - the wait has been long - I test drove on 18 January (not even the black one - long story why not) and advised the dealer it would be at least another month as I was in the proceeds of selling my flat and the money from that was paying for the car so we have to wait - guess I test drove a bit early but if I hadn't I might have missed the black one ;) and since I paid the deposit it's been waiting patiently for me with a label "Sorry I am sold. My owner and I have already bonded"Will let you all know when I'm in possession... latest Saturday if not sooner :) :) :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Great to hear from you Andrea and congratulations on your new Juke. As has already been said, we could use some of that sunshine so will now wait for yours to arrive here in UK!!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Hi Andrea ,
Welcome, lovely part of the world you come from, and look forward to your picture with a nice backdrop Is the Juke a popular car in SA, and I wonder if its a UK or Japanese built model? You'll have to let us know what Acenta + spec is in SA because if its equivalent to our Acenta Premium it is a good trim level here with sat nav,reverse camera etc and it sounds as if you get the 190 bhp DIG T engine also
Anyway I'm sure you can't wait and enjoy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's in my garage!!! :) ... collected it today... LOVE it!Jukeov --- noooo, doesn't seem to be like your Acenta Premium :( ... I don't have Sat Nav, nor reverse camera... and there's that 190 bhp again LOL... don't even know what that is... but no, the Dig T models are called Dig-T Tekna here - Turbo, didn't want that one as it's fuel consumption is higher. How would I find out where it was manufatured... on 2nd thoughts, are they not maybe manufactured here in SA also? I've got some paperwork I will look through and see what I can find...At present we only get 4 models here - no diesel and no automatic yet, but apparantly they are coming soon. Fine by me as I wanted neither ;)Will take photo tomorrow - hope the weather will be really nice. Some rain forecast for Friday.Oh, you asked about popularity... not hugely so at present. Though saying that, when I collected mine there was a guy busy collecting his (also black - darn it - AND he lives quite close to me - double darn it! LOL).One little let down I discovered - thought the headlights would be white not the old yellow... oh well. Photo hopefully to follow tomorrow :)

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Andrea 190 bhp is the power, that is a DIGT if you have the normal one its 116 as far as i am aware the Juke is produced it two places the UK and Japan I believe if its UK built the chassis number starts S and J for Japan what model is yours as in acenta or SV etc

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hhmmm... chassis number huh? I wonder if that's the same as the VIN (Vehicle Identification number)... mine starts with an S and then J... sorry I don't understand your other question LOL... Acenta+ is what it's called here ... what's the SV?Like said we only get 4 models here at present:Acenta - entry levelAcenta+ - some nice nifty extrasDIG-T TeknaDIG-T Tekna (leather) .... all 1.6...apparantly auto and 4WD (not diesel as previously mentioned) coming soon.You can always look at www.nissan.co.za for our specs compared to yours ;) .. .as far as I am aware the Juke has only been in this country for just over a year.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
ok chassis number is Nin number S means it was probably made at Sunderland I will see if I can find out SV is the American and Asia spec levels as Yours follows ours I expect it is made here in UK

·
Registered
838 Posts
Hi Andrea,
Yup, had a look on the Nissan za and you've got the 1.6 and they list the engine power as 86 Kilowatts, we old cruds over here still like the old bhp..
Interesting that it was probably made in Sunderland, they've just changed all the trim levels here , I would say you've got what was the Acenta Sport model, our base model back in 2010 was a Visia.
Anyway, I bet I've bored you witless, just enjoy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hhmmm... too much cloud cover in the wrong places today LOL... aaaand posting the pic not as easy as I thought ... Photobucket huh? Let me investigate...Had a strange thing today... I try to remember to drive with my lights on during the day (better visibility - not a regulation here, but a campaign to do so) and I noticed I wasn't 'warned' that my lights were on after I had switched off and opened the door. When I then switched the lights off and on again, I got the warning sound.... me = confused!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts