Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title. Anyone had a problem withtheir suspension? I have a Juke Acenta 1.5 dci and the suspension mounts (i think) have started to creak alot when driving, roundabouts & speed humps etc. Car is booked in on 3rd December to get checked over.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
front or rear??there has been issues with the rears coming free from their rubber mounts or something similar I believemeaga byte listed this as one of his issues with his lemon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Please dont take this as a stupid reply as it worked for me. This is also for anybody with rear end squeaks and groans.My diesel had terrible sqeaks, groans etc from the rear when I went over kerbs in to my drive, or when dropping off kerbs and sometimes when cornering, as the weight of the car shifted. I had read about the rear mounting rubbers and actually saw a photo of one and it didnt look good. However after checking mine and not finding any problem, I looked for something simpler that may move slightly when going over humps and kerbs, and I looked at the rear seat back rest mountings (the ones that hold the seats upright ). They were pure metal to metal with no lubrication so I put some vaseline on them and it solved all the rear noise creaks etc. They must move slightly and metal to metal is not nice but lubricated allows them to move without noise.I thought mine sounded serious but this action resolved the issue

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Not a stupid reply at all - there is definitely an issue. The easy way to test if this is the problem is to lower the seat backs and see if it disappears.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
@ specialK as above not silly, this is a common issue which many people have had usually after dropping the rear seat. I did pass this fault onto Nissan a while ago but not had any feedback and tbh I forgot so I will chase up on this again.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yup. If its got a fault u can put money on that my car has got it too haha.
This squeal and groan was from where the seat locks in place. I had the dealer look at locating this noise several times and they couldn't find it for love or money. After putting a little tape around the metal strut that the seat locks on to the noise was gone. But not I have to the the same on the other side lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,Not sure if my problem is the same you previously mentioned. The thing is that when just turning on the engine and moving the wheel to drive out from the parking and I barely had move some inches I can hear a creak just when steering a bit. Also when starting to move forward. Basically the noise comes when starting to move, that's all. I'm not an expert on cars nor in mechanics but I think is something related to the front suspension or maybe the direction system.Any clues or suggestions?Honestly, I'm considering visit the Nissan branch next day off and see what's going on. It is an Accenta Premium diesel that I just took out from the show room a month ago!!.Thanks.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Kacof.

If you then pull over, leave the engine running, and a minute later, repeat exactly the same manoeuvre, does it make the same noise?

I'm thinking it may be the power steering system...

·
Registered
17 Posts
phil555 wrote:As title. Anyone had a problem withtheir suspension? I have a Juke Acenta 1.5 dci and the suspension mounts (i think) have started to creak alot when driving, roundabouts & speed humps etc. Car is booked in on 3rd December to get checked over.
I now have this problem too. It's been 2-3 months now that i get this awful sound from the front right side suspension. It is really hard to tell exactly where it is coming from as till some days ago i thought it was coming from the back. Sound is there mainly when driving over small bumps and more specific, not when the suspension is under load but when it is travelling (the suspension) on the upper point (i mean when suspension comes from load state to no load state).I had ARB issues on my previous car and i am pretty sure it is not something similar this time. Any opinions where i should start from?kacof wrote:Hello,The thing is that when just turning on the engine and moving the wheel to drive out from the parking and I barely had move some inches I can hear a creak just when steering a bit. Also when starting to move forward. Basically the noise comes when starting to move, that's all. I'm not an expert on cars nor in mechanics but I think is something related to the front suspension or maybe the direction system.Any clues or suggestions?Same issue here too. I hear it every time i start the car for the first time. If i then stop and start again (without turning the engine off) i can't hear it again. Strange thing i noticed is that this sound comes up exactly with the seat belt warning tone (when not using one).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts