Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,Just got my new Juke and was trying out all the buttons, etc.When do I need to press the small button below the large gear shift selector button?Please advise,Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
AudiA2 wrote:Hi,Just got my new Juke and was trying out all the buttons, etc.When do I need to press the small button below the large gear shift selector button?Please advise,Thanks.It's used to move the shift selector when the cars engine is off. I've used this in the past on the automatic cars I've owned when i've taken them for replacement tires, as the fitters like the car in neutral when fitting them. I guess its so they can rotate the wheels, which they wouldn't be able to do if the car was in park.Also comes in handy if you turn the engine off before putting the car into park, as you won't be able, or shouldn't be able, to move or stat the engine without the car being in park. I did this once many years ago and couldn't work out for sometime why my car would not start. But after pressing and holding the button in I was able to move the stick to park and then start the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts