Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,Got the Tekna CVT today. From looking at all of the "handbooks" that are posted here / on the web, it looked like the CVT would have a manual option (push the gear lever over and use a sequential change).The CVT in the Tekna is a normal P R N D L lever. The handbook that came with the car shows both versions with the sequential shift version "if fitted" - so assume it is fitted to certain models - ?? 4WD version ??Not disappointed as the Note had the same gear selector and was perfectly fine, just wondering.Jeff

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never used it - assume it is as you say. Suppose if you were towing a trailer, then it will hold the gearing as low. In snow etc. low is a disadvantage as it encourages wheel-slip, I always found it better (manual and automatics) to start in a higher gear.

J

·
Registered
275 Posts
jthspace wrote:Never used it - assume it is as you say. Suppose if you were towing a trailer, then it will hold the gearing as low. In snow etc. low is a disadvantage as it encourages wheel-slip, I always found it better (manual and automatics) to start in a higher gear.

J
Low gears are bad in snow and ice but low range gearing is different. N.B I'm not saying use low ratio/range in snow, I'm just saying it's for different purposes, none of which you would want be doing in a Nissan Juke I might add.
TheShield2013-06-14 17:20:16

·
Registered
535 Posts
I decided to try the L position on gearbox. I activated it going down hill it seams to keep the speed from going over 25mph when going down hill. I guess that will make it easier for me during snow and being at top of steep hill, Less braking.

·
Registered
165 Posts
While on the subject of CVT Gearboxes. Just had to have the CVT replaced on our AWD Juke 28,000 miles; the oils cooler which is at the top of the box leaked and this necessitated a replacement gearbox from Japan because it is different part number than those fitted at Sunderland. After three weeks wait we are now back on the road and the car has a better response on pulling away from a standing start than the old box gave. Had a new CVT Micra as a loan car which are better than the old type, we were offered a larger car but the Micra was just fine for us.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts