Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the snow is back with us again, not sure how long for this time. as i didnt pick up my Tekna CVT until after the last lot of snow and i have never owned an auto before has anybody got any information that would be useful to me on the best way to drive the CVT in this weather or is it just a case of get in it and drive it?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Hi OB, Don`t know if its been covered in any detail on this forum, but from memory i think L was used when its slippery, and normal D when not. It might give you a guide what/what not to do in the manual.
I would imagine ECO mode might help as well??

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well the snow is back with a vengance. i had to go out on saturday, had no choice and it is the first time i have driven my CVT in bad conditions and wasnt sure how it was going to handle. cleared the snow from around it as much as i could and got in..now you must make allowances for me due to my age so dont judge me to harshly..the Juke was sliding all over the place, couldnt do a thing with it, everytime i touched the accelerator it would just slide from one side to the other. i thought to myself," ive made a big mistake buying this CVT " then i had a great idea " TAKE THE HANDBRAKE OFF " it was fantastic after that, it handled perfectly. it has taken me from saturday until now to admit what i did, my wife hasnt stopped laughing yet

·
Registered
50 Posts
CLASSIC!!!!

Reminds me when I had just bought my last car, brand new Mazda 3 just 2 weeks old
I was about to reverse out of the drive when the next door neighbour came out the house, not normally a noteworthy event
But something caught my eye, she had bright red lipstick on and dolled up to the nines, so naturally I started thinking I wonder where she,s going dressed like that, while I started to reverse, CRUNCH, bu**er!! I had reversed into the daughters car, big scrape down the side of both cars.
I suppose it proves the point that nothing less than total concentration will do when you get inside a car.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im sure you would acrorat, she is a quiet lady but loves a good laugh and joke once she feels comfortable with the people she is with. you will get the chance to meet her at Wicksteed

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
oldbloke,now that what i call a classic that has had me in stitches there again it is easily done

·
Registered
183 Posts
ok so oldbloke has confessed so I will join him nothing to do with the snow though last year while in Cornwall I was reversing into the space outside our cottage,as it was an old fishermen's cottage the space isn't huge, so my hubby got out to let me park closerto the passenger side, tucking it into the space.....he walked round to the back of the juke,and opened the boot to get something out.As I was watching where I was going in my reversing camera, I saw the blue sky and just carried ongoing back .....then I hit him Ooops we laughed especially as it tells you on the camera to take care !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.