Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bonjour

New owner of a Juke Acenta.

Generally loving its work but as a new owner I'm puzzled.
With all it's wizardry gadgetry is there really no dashboard indicator when your headlights are on?

So sidelights on - corresponding symbol on dashbaord (green).
Main beams on - corresponding symbol on dashboard (blue).
Normal headlights - nowt.

So you could be driving along in the dark and if you didn't fondle the wand you would not know that you had ONLY your sidelights on.

Am I right or am I mental?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Just re-reading your post; when you say 'nowt' re: headlights - you should still have the green 'lights on' symbol as displayed when the sidelights are on. The symbol does not differentiate between sidelights and headlights however which is what I think you mean.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the peace of mind.
But how is that possible? I mean a car that knows to turn off the lights by itself...crazy times.

Another question if I may? How do you have the map on AND the radio on with the preset channel buttons for the radio NOT obscuring the left hand side of the map. So in effect the radio is audible but you can see full screen map?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Florence Pyjamas wrote:Bonjour

Normal headlights - nowt.

So you could be driving along in the dark and if you didn't fondle the wand you would not know that you had ONLY your sidelights on.

Am I right or am I mental? Hi Florence and welcome, the standard headlights are feeble but if it is dark and they are off then you get an audible warning, it's like a big bang, it happens when you crash.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
surely if you look out the windscreen you can see if your lights are onyou get as you say the small side light display maybe a dipped beam would have been nice but not essentialTc I know why its called Gravesend. Do you ?btw FP welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Given that the sidelights are totally separate from the main lights, something should be possible I would have thought?
Nice little led tucked into the top of the cowl over the dials maybe, wired into the headlight circuit?

Must admit though its been the same in every car I've ever owned - although the last 4 or 5 have had auto headlights, so it's not something that's been a big problem for me ;-)

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
I think my last couple of cars have been the same. I find the easiest solution is to leave the headlights permanently switched on - don't have to worry about it then.

·
Registered
663 Posts
welcome Florence, sometimes you are better off not asking the question as by the time this lot have finished answering you, you are more confused than when you started Deks and Tc , where would we be without your knowledge of history, i never learnt that when i was young, by the way whats that thing you called SCHOOL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts