Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw these :http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300880824772?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l264915CM 8 LED DAYTIME RUNNING DRL LIGHTS WITH AUTO OFF

New Universal 15CM 8 LED Daytime Running Lights. These fit into your
front bumper and can be wired into your sidelights so you can turn them
on with a switch or straight off the ignition.They now come with a small wire to connect to the power of the sidelight
or headlight wire to automatically turn off when lights switched on
8 x LED's each side

40 Lumens brightness

Ultra Bright white colour approx 6000K

E4 RL00 Stamped for Road use and perfectly legal

1.5 Meters of wire

Boxed with adjustable bracket, screws & 3M tape

W=150mm H=17.8mm D = 35.6mm

Easy Fixing

Low Power

Auto off switch (extra wire can be wires to sidelight or headlight
power to automatically turn them off)

Price£11.95For the money, worth a small gamble, will let you know what they look like / if they fit when I get the Juke back from having the sunroof fitted. Definitely cheaper than the Ring ones!Jeff

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could take a photo, but they would be the same as the website! They come mounted on a neat metal bracket. I just took the screws out of the bracket and the nuts inside are NOT captive and fell out and rattled. Pulled the back off gently. Surprise, everything inside is silicone sealed so completely waterproof, neat and nicely done, even a cable tie to stop the leads being pulled through. For £12 these look very good value.Oh, and despite the advert, NO 3M fixing tape, so looks like a screw-on or buy some waterproof sticky-fixers.Jeff
jthspace2013-04-14 12:26:25

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Photo's of the waterproofing, bracket and complete lamp.Edit by DEKS; JTH if you use the IMG CODE, copy and paste it will show the image as opposd to web link
Deks2013-04-14 19:49:27

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, the image code option worked once then stopped.Sorry about image size, just learning photobucket and my Samsung S3 takes high qual images / size and saves straight to dropbox. Have found how to change the size now, so next pics will be smaller!Jeff

·
Registered
136 Posts
photos are great, still got 6 weeks to wait until my Juke is delivered, interested in hearing how easy they are to fit and how good they look. We've just had an offer accepted on a house and that needs a lot of work so may not get around to this for a few months!

·
Registered
663 Posts
i ve have had a set of those for some time now but never had them fitted because i am no good at that kind of thing but they never came with any wiring, just 2 wires coming out of the back about 6inch long

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I might be misunderstanding this, but in order to be legal, is it not the case that the DRLs must come on with the ignition and switch off when the headlights are switched on??

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
CR4ZYHORSE wrote: I might be misunderstanding this, but in order to be legal, is it not the case that the DRLs must come on with the ignition and switch off when the headlights are switched on??

They don't have to switch off, but they do need to at least dim - if we're being pedantic
Which mr police person probably would be.

Wording is in this lighting thread TTDegs2013-05-12 14:15:06

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
TTDegs wrote: CR4ZYHORSE wrote: I might be misunderstanding this, but in order to be legal, is it not the case that the DRLs must come on with the ignition and switch off when the headlights are switched on??

They don't have to switch off, but they do need to at least dim - if we're being pedantic
Which mr police person probably would be.

Wording is in this lighting thread

Pedantic plod - who ever heard of such a thing?

Thanks for them clarification..

Just seen a very nice guide on a QQ forum so quite looking forward to this job - gonna be busy next weekend with a bonnet deflector and DRLs to install

·
Registered
838 Posts
I'm sure there'll be a purge on car lighting soon from the traffic cops and I'll be one that's on the wrong side of the law as my drls are on with the side lights, and I've wired my led mirror covers into the side lights as well........naughty me.
I have a relay ready to go, but might look at dimming them if I decide to go legal, and maybe wire the led mirror into the interior light circuit

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I should not worry Jukeov i doubt this is a problem at least you dont drive around with your fogs on in perfect conditionswhich is more of a problem than a set of DRL's on with side lights

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Deks wrote: I should not worry Jukeov i doubt this is a problem
at least you dont drive around with your fogs on in perfect conditions
which is more of a problem than a set of DRL's on with side lights

I imagine from a safety point of view, a boy racer with fog lights on unnecessarily is not so distracting , and therefore, dangerous, as a driver using DRLs (which are designed to be bright in daylight) at night.
In truth, I imagine the real problem will hit when it is time for an MOT, since it seems plod are just not interested in minor issues, unless it's an excuse to pile on pressure when they pull you, or if they are looking for an excuse to pull you in the first place...

·
Registered
838 Posts
Deks wrote: I should not worry Jukeov i doubt this is a problem

Well I've just fitted my Cree fog lights and as I like to show off........ . Nah, I'll spare everybody that one

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Jukeov wrote: Deks wrote: I should not worry Jukeov i doubt this is a problem

Well I've just fitted my Cree fog lights and as I like to show off........ . Nah, I'll spare everybody that one
PMSL.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts