Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
playing the devils advocate for a second , although we all want the best deal we can get we must still consider that the dealership needs to make money to stay in business yes by all means get what you can but they have some hefty bills to cover , there is a list price and when we go to a dealer that should be what we expect to pay or we wouldnt be looking so anything extra gained is a bonus , when some refer to feeling "ripped off" because they didnt get a huge discount is taking it a bit far no offence meant just looking at it from a dealers point of view for a second , remember they could run a set price with no negotiations and people would still buy them , where lucky in the sense that some dealers are happy to make less to hit targets but its still a business that needs to make money
ctrdetailing2013-02-20 19:15:56

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I would hate my local dealer to go out of business. They are a great bunch of people and we bought the Juke and 370Z there. I like them, I trust them, and they are a 10min walk away which really helps too.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Something I have always said, is if no dealers exist then no online discounts would be available as no agent would have a Walter to buy from and more importantly we would have no where to. Take the car for work.
It's a catch 22 in a way after all its the dealers that sell the cars to online discounters. Personally I think the whole car sales business needs a wake up and bringing into the 21 st century.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
To be honest I dont know how they can make lots of money with the overheads and high salery that have to pay people
I've had 6 quotes varying in £1100 to change and I'm probably going with a local smaller dealer if it's only a few hundred quid as petrol costs and travelling for servicing is all to factor in

I've worked in retail for 30 years and now how much it takes just to break even and terrofys me on the low markup they work on
Aldo looked at an online price of £17500 to bring into the equation

The sites are all prime and the rents and rates are so high nowadays and recruiting and retAining good staff is the hard part in Buisness
I ran a retail outlet years ago and we had to take 50k per week just to break even selling furniture although it's advent markup compared to cars which if you don't sell them quick loose £500 aprox per month

I would not like to retail cars at all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts