Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CTR detailing is doing a demo and training day for his members on the QQ
forum. If I could get him to do this for us Jukers would anyone be
interested?from what I can see on QQ forum it costs £20 per head to
cover costs of equipment 6-10 members required and a location to suit,
so given Craigs location Esssex/ Sheppey or somewhere reasonably close
to either as long as it has access to water and electrics. Has to be said I havent asked him yet if he would do this so he may decline or be too busy I am just trying to be helpful and get a free detail while I am at it

·
Registered
790 Posts
of course deks , id be happy to do one for the jukers just work out a suitable date and let me know im also giving my members the option of a sample pack to be bought seperately , this will include the products i use on the day so you can go away and do your own cars , the products are expensive so getting them all would be a big layout for full sized bottles so i thought sample packs that are affordable would be a good idea , there will be enough of each to do your own car once then you can decide what products you want to buy for yourselvesthe day will consist basically of me (and you lot) doing a basic one day detail on a chosen car , this will include pre wash , snowfoam , wash , 2 stage machine polish using rotary and da polishers (you will have the option of trying these for yourselves on the day) ,ipa wipedown ,tyres and trim and finish off with a chosen lsp (wax or sealent) plus my car will be there with several other products on so you can see the different ways products make water behave on the carsthe whole day will be questions and answers as this is far from formal , you shout it out and ill answer and show you were necessary with a actual demonstration , well get through as much as we can in the time we have but im sure well cover most of your queriesi dont follow any set parameters with my detailing , ive learnt what i know from 20 years of trial and experience as theres no school for detailing as such and every detailer follows his own routine and ways of doing things , so all i can do is show and teach you my methods and let the finish and shine speak for itself if any of you have your own machine polishers you would like me to demonstrate to you feel free to bring them along
ctrdetailing2013-02-14 20:36:56

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kats wrote:Time and place permitting, would love to, You can stay with us, just need to do some curtain shopping firstPaul_S wrote:I would be up for this!! Can I bring the Zed if Sarah's Juke happens to busy on the day? in line i got in first

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kats wrote:Your Zed would be a good car to do Paul, at least I would be able to reach the roof!!!!just bring a pair of your shoes you'll be able to reach the roof of a bus in those

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just want to keep this highlighted as we have had an influx of newbies of late who may be interested and havent seen the thread. Mind you I know how much work CTR has put into the forthcoming one he is doing on QQ forum so he may be not as enthusiastic as he was a few weeks back

·
Registered
790 Posts
no worries happy to do it anytime , it was the sample kits that were time consuming but its a chance for members to get to use some of the top end products at an affordable price this is the kit members will be getting at the qashqaiclub detailing daypurple rain / x iron AD very cherry wheel cleaner autosmart shampooclay bar sampleipa mix for wipe downwolfs apcmeguiars 105 heavy cutting polishmeguiars 205 finishing polishwolfs tyre and trim dressingmegs endurance tyre dressingwolfs nano hard body ceramic sealent glass product (cleaner or sealent)berry blast quick detailermetal polish1 x detailing brush3 x applicator pads2 x microfibre cloths2 x face masks3 x pairs safety gloves10 cotton applicator pads for the ceramic sealentall in specially labelled sample bottles i would need a minimum of 6 members and a max of 10 to do the day

·
Registered
790 Posts
im actually selling these kits now to any members who want them on the qq forum and happy to do so here too if theres any interest the kit contains everything you need to fully detail your car using top brand products these are done at cost price so no mark up need to get 4-5 members interested in them to do them as i have to buy full bottles and split them and the cost of initial outlay is over £350

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK a little interest so if we can get 6 -10 we can do this location would have to be south east in reality so that Craig has easy accessas in first thread his home location is Essex but he has weekend get away place in Kent I would say my house but I am right down on the Kent coast so probably only good for me so any suggestions would be welcomed a large double garage or similar might be plus due to tempremental weather we have. date also to suit masses

·
Registered
131 Posts
My place of work is central London (Old Bailey) we have a outside loading bay with water running to it and a underground car park, am sure we could use these facilities if it made it easier for people to get to.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts