Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The on-board computer in my 1.5 diesel consistently tells me on long journeys that I'm getting close to 70mpg. But, when I come to fill the tank the real mpg is about 10% lower. Is this a common problem? Is there anything that can be done to adjust the readings. Whilst the high numbers look impressive, I'd rather they were right!

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Have you tried resetting the trip computers when you have refuelled and the settings in the D-MODEthis may then alter what you are getting figure wise, I assume you are doing the calculations correctly and not 5 litres = 1 gallon as its actually 4.546litresI dont think they are that in accurate well at least i hope not as mine is reading 36.1 mpg and if its actually less I dont want to know I only use these as a guide as its impossible for them to be spot on the system is that advanced in any of them to be that accurate or perfect, mind you I remember the days when you just had a gauge to go by and filled up accordingly and worked out the MPG from that if you wanted to

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, reset the trip and the drive computer, but the difference on each refill has been the same. I didn't expect it to be exact, but 10% seems a big discrepancy. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it changes.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
even getting 60 MPG is good for the motorway, i certainly wouldnt complain in fact I would be thrilled!!!

Seems really good..

fee x

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fee, I agree the actual mpg is still good, just disappointed that the display is so far out. Guess I'll just live with it!Gordon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts