Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what Nissan have done to the Nismo engine to get the extra 10 bhp? Are all the engine internals and exhaust system the same as the Dig-T?

Is the extra power an ECU tweak?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I've seen nothing to the contrary, and experience (from other marques) has been that when engine mods have been involved, they have shouted about it.

So I'd go with Deks - ecu tweaks

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
If anyone knows if
A) the obdIi sends out boost value, and
B) which setting I should select to see it

Then when my wifi unit arrives, I'll let you know what boost I'm running

Closest obvious one I've found is air intake M.A.P. which sounds like it may be it, or it may not be!

·
Registered
374 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
TTDegs wrote: If anyone knows if
A) the obdIi sends out boost value, and
B) which setting I should select to see it

Then when my wifi unit arrives, I'll let you know what boost I'm running

Closest obvious one I've found is air intake M.A.P. which sounds like it may be it, or it may not be!

This is next on my list a good quality boost gauge, not easy finding a subtle place to put it as sourcing a replacement vent
Is the same

This is the first turbo motor that hasn't had a boost gauge fitted

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the reply, my Nismo arrives on the 14th of June and from memory when I test drove it I wanted it to sound a bit more beefy. I wanted to know if the exhaust was bespoke to the Nismo or is it the same pipe sections with a different tail pipe as the DIG-T?

I would love to get the car around the 230 bhp mark but this would mean a remap for sure and I'm conscious this could lead to a warranty issues if things went wrong. If Nissan are considering releasing the Nismo RC with even more power, that suggest the engine is capable of more (within safe tolerance), so it would be interesting to know what their planning and whether they will offer performance upgrade to current Nismo owners that wont affect warranty. .

·
Registered
374 Posts
Nickj3694 wrote: The TMC box alters the boost pressure not fueling ! I've been playing around with the settings and is fine on top setting, lots more power when you need it.

Same as boost controllers turn them up to much things will go pop !

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nickj3694 wrote:The TMC box alters the boost pressure not fueling ! I've been playing around with the settings and is fine on top setting, lots more power when you need it.
Get it on the dyno already! You'll be the first Juke owner to do it nothing on any forums or YouTube yet, the fiat and dubbers go nuts for these and they get impressive gains. You know you want to!
fillip2013-05-09 22:46:41

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
muzzie wrote: Thanks for the reply, my Nismo arrives on the 14th of June and from memory when I test drove it I wanted it to sound a bit more beefy. I wanted to know if the exhaust was bespoke to the Nismo or is it the same pipe sections with a different tail pipe as the DIG-T? <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com🏢office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I would love to get the car around the 230 bhp mark but this would mean a remap for sure and I'm conscious this could lead to a warranty issues if things went wrong. If Nissan are considering releasing the Nismo RC with even more power, that suggest the engine is capable of more (within safe tolerance), so it would be interesting to know what their planning and whether they will offer performance upgrade to current Nismo owners that wont affect warranty. . <o:p></o:p>

My personal take - outside of warranty I would be visiting Abbey with no hesitation at all!

Inside of warranty, I'm awaiting a call from my dealer who - apparently (Carl if you're reading this...) - offer a Nissan approved ecu tune...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TTDegs wrote: muzzie wrote: Thanks for the reply, my Nismo arrives on the 14th of June and from memory when I test drove it I wanted it to sound a bit more beefy. I wanted to know if the exhaust was bespoke to the Nismo or is it the same pipe sections with a different tail pipe as the DIG-T? <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com🏢office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I would love to get the car around the 230 bhp mark but this would mean a remap for sure and I'm conscious this could lead to a warranty issues if things went wrong. If Nissan are considering releasing the Nismo RC with even more power, that suggest the engine is capable of more (within safe tolerance), so it would be interesting to know what their planning and whether they will offer performance upgrade to current Nismo owners that wont affect warranty. . <o:p></o:p>

My personal take - outside of warranty I would be visiting Abbey with no hesitation at all!Inside of warranty, I'm awaiting a call from my dealer who - apparently (Carl if you're reading this...) - offer a Nissan approved ecu tune...

Any news on this? Loving the Nismo but would like a bit more torque TMC box seems the way to go for now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Basically if the Nismo car runs around 0.15bar boost than the DIG T Juke, how much more can you raise the boost before you get an issue? I believe thats what the TMC box does?

What other options are there?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Aha!
This is the thread I was trying to find!

News from my dealer, the tuning kit is in, and they are trying it out on their demo Nismo first...

1 - 20 of 63 Posts