Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been getting involved in developing the Dig T motor;see some components from the motor below;By abbeymotorsport at 2012-05-17By abbeymotorsport at 2012-05-17By abbeymotorsport at 2012-05-17By abbeymotorsport at 2012-05-17The rods I feel may be the weak link for a the motor but bear in mind we wont want any more mid range torque in this car as it is front wheel drive. I feel tuning these cars will involve carefully work with turbo size and throttle/boost mapping to help lay the power down to the tarmac.The pistons will take some boost we feel. The turbo looks tweakable maybe a bigger exhaust wheel to tame the boost threshold off and a billet compressor wheel to blow a little more volume of air without raising the boost.Cams we have on the go as well as a stand alone ECU as well as I feel these motors will go well in kit cars. We will have a motor on a engine dyno in the US @ our tuning partners Performance Motorsport on the east coast of the US very soon; they also have the Dig T Juke as a development car.http://www.theexperience.com/
This company is also involved in the Project Zed drag car we run in the UK , http://www.bramsracing.com/We already have extensive expertise remapping throttle map on Zeds and [email protected] with great effect so hopefully tuning stock cars and tuned cars we can get these cars driving even better.The ball starting to roll with development on both N/A and Dig T Jukes, I also hope to have some upgrades for the diesels soon as well.Exciting times I feel.

Deks2012-05-17 09:02:10

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Diesel tweeks, that could interest me if I opt not to buy the Nismo when it arrivesthanks for the update on DIG info I am certain a few members will be watching this with much interest.I know a certain overseas member is very keen on extracting more oomph from his DIG Deks2012-05-17 09:07:20

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Very interesting stuff Mark

As you say, it's not all about getting headline figures. There's no point having a huge amount of power if you can't put it down and it drags you off to the nearest hedge as soon as you bury your foot in the carpet

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good news Dig T owners , we will have the software to be able to tune the Dig T on the 18th June;I am away racing at the moment , but once I get time I will post some more stuff up what the software will allow us to do;Cant wait exciting times;Wont forget the 1.6 NA car thou will have some tuning data very soon for you other guys.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Nissan Mac wrote:If you want a fast car get a GTR or wait until the new Nismo engine comes on line March 2013. I will be but cannot afford GTR !!!!March???? do you know something we don't? latest info I have from Nissan GB is Novemberthat said every dealer laughs at me when i say that and reckon it will be March

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Nissan Mac wrote:If you want a fast car get a GTR or wait until the new Nismo engine comes on line March 2013. I will be but cannot afford GTR !!!!
The Abbey tune will give more power than the Nismo engine Welcome to the club, by the way

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
225bhp will be easy to make with a tune on a totally stock car, I am expecting to see 240bhp from a full remap without any major parts being fitted ( turbo's etc etc) but with a full exhaust fitted including 2nd cat being removed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I doubt it will improve the 0-62mph time as these car's are traction limited even in stock form;We hope to have the remaps up and running in 2 weeks , I will need to spend sometime on the dyno with our development car getting the base map down so customers cars can be tuned on our dyno in a quicker time , all our tunes with be to the customers cars on our in house dyno no generic uploads.Stage 1 remaps will be £495-00 inc vat with before and after dyno plots.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Diesel's will be a while tbh , the N/A cars will be £402-00 inc vat , I am currently working on the remaps on these cars , again will be 2/3 weeks before we have a good base start map.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hope to have the software up and running on the DIG T car this week , endeavoring to find time to get a little further forward on the N/A 1.6 motors with the tuning as well.1st thing we have made head way is the turbo on the DIG T , we can now find bigger flowing exhaust wheels/shafts to fit into the stock turbo. We are worried that increasing the boost will make the car more aggressive and undrivable, so with our years off experience working on Turbo car we are going to develop an higher flowing turbo so we can make the increase in bhp from flow not boost so not to make the car to aggressive on part throttle and while cornering.This will be down the road a little in the tuning development , 1st step will be tuning the car in stock set up.

[email protected] M/S2012-06-23 08:44:14

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.