Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my juke since launch day, Oct 2010 and love it. Realised I haven't been on the forum for ages. The other day I had a call from Nissan asking me if I was thinking of changing my car as there is a 0% finance offer on. I wasn't but now I am sorely tempted. If I put down £1500 and carry on paying what I pay now a month I can have a new juke on 3 years 0% deal. I only have 9300 miles so am I mad to change or is it too good deal to turn down? Love to hear your opinions.
Currently got a red Acenta premium and if I do change I think I am tempted by the haptic blue. I like the red interior but don't suppose that goes with the blue. Oh decisions decisions.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Hi Sarah, hope you are well. First thing is dont be suduced by figures you need to see the whole packageas in cost price, p/x price and what you have left to pay(assuming its on finance)I changed mine in November 2 years old 11000 miles for exactly the same car colour everything as my deal was too good to turn down. My payment went up by £25 per month and I put another £500 in the pot One thing to look at is if Nissan are still £1000 dealer contribution. I had this with mine but it meant I could get the 0% finance deal but for me it worked out about the same. Only you can really decided whats best for you,clearly like most of us you still love the Juke. So its worth doing. Another point is if its on a PCP as mine is its another 3 years before you need to worry about final payment.

·
Registered
215 Posts
What would you really gain by changing? You would get a new car, but effectively you have a new car anyway, since yours has done so few miles. On the down side you would have to stump up £1500 up front and probably extend the period of you car loan. To my way of thinking it is a sizable sum to pay out for little or no gain.Think about it in terms of cost per mile over, say, the next 2 years when you could be in the same position again. If your milage is the same over the next 2 years you would be paying out say 20p per mile extra. I can't see how a new Juke is worth 20p per mile more than your current one.

·
Registered
663 Posts
only you can decide Sarah, i like to change my car on a regular basis, dont even look at costs as i enjoy a new car. it gives me something to look forward too..my wife on the other hand is quite happy not to change hers as she only does about 3,300 miles per year but i encourage her to swap..my heart would say " go on Sarah, have a new Juke ", my head would say " think about it first before you decide "..i dont know if that has helped you or just confused you all the more

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Hi Sarah I suppose it's difficult to justify it considering your low mileage. Some things you will benefit from by renewing it will be:* New final drive ratio (assuming you don't have the auto)* 3yrs Warranty again* Updated maps on the Nav* New car smell!I am not sure if they've made any other improvements on the Juke but I know Nissan often make lots of small tweaks during a cars' production run, not just the facelift models.

·
Registered
663 Posts
i agree Kats, i change my car regular, cant remember the last time i had to get a MOT done on a car, its been years.. i know ive lost a fortune changing cars so often but before anyone says it i couldnt care less, i like to spoil myself "because im worth it" haha and if i dont who the bloody hell will

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
EEK - I've done it!!!! Went to the garage to talk about figures and decided to go for it as next year I shall be getting a pay cut at work due to various restructures (boo hoo) and so in a few years I might not be able to change my car. So I am going to be the owner soon of a new juke in Haptic Blue !My parcel shelf clip broke the other day so don't have to worry now about getting that replaced - hee heeExcited now but been in a bit of a tiz all day!! Thanks everyone for your comments x

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks acrorat. Originally back in 2010 I was going to go for blue but when I saw it I thought it looked too grey so I plumped for the red. It did look nice in the showroom today - seems to change colour according to the light ?

·
Registered
663 Posts
well done sarah, i agree with you, do it while you can afford it. i pick my new Juke up this wednesday, its my second one also, been on order since 9th Nov. thought the day would never come

·
Registered
206 Posts
can all that have changed there dci jukes recently feel the differance from there earlier model
ie noise fuel etc
as thinking about it but is there a real difference to warent it ?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Noise the same, start up the same. I did once get better mpg. But currently worse than the only one but I think this is in part due to the cold.
You do need to change though Tk as you need to. Get a decent colour

Always worth asking the question so good dealers to be had.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts