Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, like most Juke owners I'm always looking for styling accessories to make my juke stand out. My question is this, and a lot of people may be pondering with the same question. If you purchase some side styling bars for example and fit them yourself to your new juke, will it affect your warranty? Or must you pay a dealer to fit them and get a piece of paper saying so? Any advice would be grateful.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
In my experience - which isn't gospel, just experience - at worst, you will invalidate the bit of the warranty that you work touches...

So if you get an aftermarket remap, and your engine blows up, you won't have a leg to stand on.
But if you remap, and your paint all drops off, you are still ok.

(Not suggesting that a remap will blow the engine up! )

With sidebars, especially if they are genuine ones, then I guess it depends on how they attach.
Do you need to drill holes in the bodywork?
If so, your paint and corrosion warranty will be at risk.

But your engine warranty should still be fine

·
Registered
137 Posts
As TTDegs suggests, your warranty still covers for issues on parts untouched.If you were to buy sideskirts for example, have them bonded to the existing bodywork and have them sprayed while on the vehicle, you may have problems claiming for a later paint issue on the doors for example, as they may have been oversprayed by yourself or the fitters of the skirts.Most companies including Nissan will uphold warranty only items fitted inhouse.For example, if lowereing springs, front lip, skirts, diffuser, spoiler, wheels etc are in an accessories catalogue by Nissan and you have them all fitted by a Nissan Dealership, then any issues are resolved under warranty.On the other hand...If you blow the turbo because you ar running a piggyback ecu and have too much boost then thats down to you!Be aware that the more tuning/styling you decide to do, the less dealerships will want to take responsibility for.I altered my Swift Sport so far from standard form that the local dealer wouldn't even service it because they didn't recognise a majority of items in the engine bay!

·
Registered
790 Posts
any styling items that "stick on" the car are fine with nissan and insurance , side bars are fine too but as stated if you had any rust issues around the holes you drilled then that would be down to you but i had my last set on for 3 years and when i removed them the holes were perfectly in tact with no issues to the surrounding paint or any signs of rust tuning parts will indeed void warranty ie: remapping or tuning box's as would any alterations that involve modifying electrical systems

·
Registered
84 Posts
in my past experience warranty's are not worth the paper they are written on, iv had a few cars over the last 4 years, 3 of them been brand new 2 of them with problems and only 1 warranty scheme (fords) paid out after a hell of an argument, neither of the cars were modified at all either (well apart from a soundsystem in the meganne), imo to hell with it, i'll mod it as much as i like, as if i do ever try and claim on the warranty it seems i get told "that is not covered" including my passenger door hinge sheering clean off and the door effectively falling off a 6 month old meganne, well after that rant, imo again if the part is a genuine nissan add on i cant see how it would invalidate the warranty, basic body mod's wont i guess, i guess its more mechanical mods that mess with warrantys.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Young Jukey, in thinking the styling bars will give the greatest effect, the DRL's sound too complicated but I want it to stand out so will go back through the catalogue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts