Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a 1.5 diesel Acenta in gum metal grey, I wanted to purchase the front and rear styling bars and rear spoiler, but due to cost I can't afford to by it direct from nissan.

I have found them cheaper else where, if I have them fitted my a mechanic and not nissan, does this count as modifications , As I am not buying it as standard and already fitted.

Do I have to declare this o my insurance?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Accessories are all dealer or DIY fit I fitted mine myself and had no issues Obviously if you break something as a direct result it might cause you issues with warranty, that said there isnt really anything warranty wise that can be affected except possible the rear spoiler that does require 2 small holes to be drilled As for insurance I told my insurance company as I didnt want to give them an excuseit made no difference to insurance I made the point that these were Nissan extras

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've actually asked Nissan to fit my front and rear plates before I pick the car up!

I'm looking into a rear spoiler but still unsure! I know it will make the car look outstanding, but then I'm thinking about styling bars or side sills, what do you think?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Spoiler is a MUST have in mo opinion the car looks odd without.the styling bars I assume you mean along the side I have not seen any on a car yet to judge.the chrome side strips look nice on certain colours but are an expensive extra

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi daisy, u need to tell the insurance company about all the extras. I don't think it matters too much where you buy them or who fits them from an insurance point and as long as they are classed as manufacturer extras then it shouldn't affect your insurance premium. I think they just need to note what u have and obviously there will be extra value added to the car. Always best to tell the insurance exactly what you can then they can't complain later.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi there,

I actually called my insurance earlier this evening, and my insurance has gone down. According to them, they say my current car is at a higher band than the juke.

I'm so happy with that, wasn't expecting it to be cheaper, in fact alot more due to the value of the car.

But thanks for the advise

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.