Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been agonising for a couple of months if I should fit Drl's and bought some from Amazon which were a nice fit in the slot above the wine rack, but never did get round to fitting them. While I was fitting my red ambient lighting I used some Prism micro LEDs in the cup holders and I wondered if these were available in white, non at Halfords but found some at Maplins ,so bought 3 packs which gave me 12 LEDs .I had the idea to fit them in the solid oval pockets in the grille above the headlight , and would have liked to have mounted them horizontally, but after removing the grilles there are some smaller ovals and moulding nibs which prevented this, so went for the six solid ovals in line with the edge of the gator eyes. I drilled 3/16" holes and discarded the ferrules which come with the lights and pushed the LEDs in from the back (nice tight fit) and then put a small blob of hot melt glue on each LED. Taped all the wires to make a harness and pushed the harness between the ovals in the back of the grille to completely hide the wires, for now I've threaded and wired up to the side lights, but will buy a relay this week and wire them in properly.. I was quite pleased with the result, not too everyones taste I know but it, looks neat ( I think??)Cheers
Deks2012-11-11 21:22:05

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
You know, I was thinking today how much I am growing to dislike DLR's. So many of them look like after thoughts and can be quite ugly - even on 'high end' cars where they are fitted in the factory. They are a lot more noticeable at the moment because it's getting dark earlier.BUT - I like these Top job!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, an update. After exactly 3 months one of the Prism micro LEDs went out and so went to Maplins today and got a spare pack to replace the blown LED. Stripped the grill off and noticed the wires were rotting away from the prongs on the back of the LEDs. By the time I'd unhooked the loom another 3 wires had broken off, so stripped both sides out and scrapped the lot.. So much for there interior/exterior suitability

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really don't know. Can't make my mind up about the KSA ones, styling wise, but at least they are a pro fit and look like they were meant to be. With the pack I bought today I am going to experiment with some sealants and see if I can prevent the corrosion and if its a success I wouldn't mind doing it again, and maybe making a cover at the back for double protection.
It's only £20 for 3 packs(12 leds)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.