Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When its below (3 degrees or whatever) i understand this is meant to blink for a minute then stop.
Mine seems to blink continuously until the temperature rises sufficiently.
This means when driving - particularly at night - the flashing is a tad distracting out the corner of one's eye.
Anybody know if it can be righted / disabled?

Cheers Drive

·
Registered
419 Posts
Can't speak for the Juke as still waiting for our Nismo to arrive but we have a Note on loan and the temperature display does flash all the time when the temp is low. A tad annoying I agree.

·
Registered
663 Posts
i believe thats the way it is suppose to be, not 100 per cent sure though, its when the temp gets to about 2 degrees i think

·
Registered
215 Posts
That is surprising. On mine the display is static. Maybe it flashes initially but to be honest I haven't noticed. If it did flash constantly at low temperatures I would hate it because it would flash for months on end here. Since mine doesn't flash this and another does I guess this must be configurable, but I haven't a clue how to do it.

·
Registered
663 Posts
i believe it is standard on most cars these days and i dont believe its something you can switch on and off but if i am wrong im sure Deks will jump on me

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
OB I would have to read the manual first to find the answer, something I havent looked at in 2.5 yearsI dont believe it is possible to turn it off. Its also something I havent really noticed but then I tend to watch the road and not my dash board when driving

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
this is what the booklet saysOUTSIDE AIR TEMPERATUREThe outside air temperature is displayed inF.When the outside air temperature becomes37 F(3c) or lower, the outside air temperaturedisplay blinks to give a warning. The display willstop blinking after 1 minute or when the outsideair temperature becomes 39F(4C) or above.The display may differ from the actual outsidetemperature displayed on various signs or bill-boards.
Deks2013-03-07 11:11:47

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Mine flashes for a short while when it's 3C or below, and it's not when I first switch on the ignition as it's usually above this in the garage, but then flashes when it cools down. It definitely doesn't keep going though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just got my car last week and have noticed the last 2 mornings that the external temperature is flashing at 3 deg C which is correct, but it continues to flash for as long as the temperature is 3 deg or below and does not stop after 1 minute like the manual says.
I think I read on one of the forums that the supplying dealer sometimes forgets to connect a link that enables a timer.
Can anybody recall what this was.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Not sure if it is the same thing but I recall reading about a "storage fuse" in the fusebox. It is held in a bracket which you have to push in, but I thought it was to do with settings for the air conditioner. Either that or my memory is showing its age - like the rest of me!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes I think that's what I was thinking of (maybe, my memorys a bit shot also) it's probably nothing to do with the temp sensor, I've had a look and it's fitted on mine anyway.
Have queried it with Nissan technical, see what comes back.

·
Registered
663 Posts
deliberately looked at the dash this morning before starting the engine, started the Juke up and the temp was reading 0 and flashing after about 1 min it stopped flashing, i believe that is the way it is meant to be

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hi Termie, i'd just pop it back into the dealers when you are passing, im sure it will only be a 2 min job for them to do, not urgent just annoying when it wont stop flashing, well thats what the wife is always telling me

1 - 20 of 65 Posts