Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a thought but has anyone ever removed the 12v socket from under the climate control & fitted an extra USB socket like the one on the drivers side?I know you can buy cheap ciggy adaptor plugs that turn a ciggy socket to a usb but if you wanted to go for a factory fit look is it possible?I'm mainly thinking that it could be useful if you wanted to use a 2nd usb port as a charging socket while your main usb socket is in use for your music on usb stick , or if your passenger wants to charge their phone while you are charging yours in the main socket.

tonksy182013-03-21 15:43:13

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
I have the Belkin charger - you just don't see it as it's so neat - mine is left permanently plugged in.actd2013-03-21 21:08:08

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bakertech wrote:Got a nice neat USB fitted to charge the phone so the other can play music.
any pics?and do you mean you fitted an extra usb socket in place of the ciggy socket or did you just purchase one of those small 12v socket to usb adaptors?

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have the Belkin dual-USB high-powered one that is virtually a flush fit in one of my cars. Looks really good and gives you two extra sockets, each powerful enough to charge any modern smartphone.I've not tried it in a Juke yet but i'd imagine it would look fine.

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
I would like to run one to the back of the car so that the rear passengers could use it without having to run an extension cable from the front - seems to be a very obvious omission to me.

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
tonksy18 wrote:
Just a thought but has anyone ever removed the 12v socket from under the climate control & fitted an extra USB socket like the one on the drivers side?

Just a thought from the other thread - if you do this, you'll lose the ability to use the inflator if you ever get a flat tyre.

·
Registered
241 Posts
two is never enough, so I thought to add a cheap usb hub under the dashwith a bit of double sided tape, (or sticky velcro in case i want to remove it) stick it above the phone holderas you can see it's just visible if you bob down, then add a single USB adaptorand just connect it when you need it. the cable tucks away when not in use.sortedMiff

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I bought an extension from eBay and intend to splice into the power supply to power my cameras with a hidden permanent connection. I have the low-profile USB adapter in there usually and I agree, two USBs are a must...

I'm also thinking to add a USB in the rear....

Can't wait for some decent weather........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.