Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's taken less than a week but already I have a problem with my lovely juke , not a major one but annoying non the less.Noticed last night that my passenger side door seal had a "crease" in it , When i got home I opened the door & pushed the seal back in to place, shut the door & thought nothing more of it. this morning I get in the car & look across & lo & behold the crease has re-appeared. I have figured out that every time I close the passenger door it is somehow causing the door seal to "crease" up . Crease is the best word i can use to describe it but will take pics later.Anyone else had this same issue?I assume I can just call up my local nissan to book in for a warranty claim?oh also when it comes to taking it to nissan for warranty claims my local one is a "westway Nissan" in wolverhampton or "brindley Nissan" in cannock. Can I take it to either?CheersOh also to add, seems there is a faint smell of petrol from within the cabin & sure I have read before that this was an issue on juke, so would be best to get that checked out?
tonksy182013-03-22 08:29:37

·
Registered
215 Posts
tonksy18 wrote:I have figured out that every time I close the passenger door it is somehow causing the door seal to "crease" up . Crease is the best word i can use to describe it but will take pics later.Anyone else had this same issue?Not that I have noticed.
oh also when it comes to taking it to nissan for warranty claims my local one is a "westway Nissan" in wolverhampton or "brindley Nissan" in cannock. Can I take it to either?Yes, you can go to any dealer I think.
Oh also to add, seems there is a faint smell of petrol from within the cabin & sure I have read before that this was an issue on juke, so would be best to get that checked out?I guess so, but first check the filler cap. When I first got my car (a diesel, but I guess that makes no difference to this issue) I noticed there was fuel spillage from the filler cap down the panel. This must have been caused by the filler cap not being on properly, because it never happened again. So check your filler is fitted correctly.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Warranty wise you can take it anywhere.

Door seal. If you mean the rubber comes away from the door frame in an arc as such my last one did this on both doors
Annoying as it was I just kept putting it back, I put it down to the way we got in and out but it may be a fault.

Fuel smell , the DIG T was the subject of a recall for a fuel rail possible leak and this needs addressing urgently if it hasn't been and for that alone I would get it to the dealers ASAP. Even if just to clarify a fault or not. Again this is under warranty.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the fuel thing concerns me , especially seeing as it seems to have used a quarter of a tank of petrol in less than 2 days but only done about 20 miles of town driving.I have filled in an online enquiry for westway wolverhampton to get in touch but may give them a call on my dinner break today if not heard back from them so I can get it booked in asap to sort.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I just spoke to Westway wolverhampton & was told :Firstly there is the possibility I could be charged a £90 diagnostic fee if they check the car & deem to have not found a fault With regards to the door trim, he told me this isn't a legit warranty claim, I asked why not & he just said "it's an issue you would have to take up with where you purchased it from".As for the smell of fuel, He did say that he is aware of "fuel rail / pump" issues but would need my chassis number to check on there system to see if there was a recall notice on my car & I assume he can check if it has recently / already been carried out.Still loving the car but just a shame this couple of things have cropped up so soon.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Ring another dealer, sounds to me Wolverhampton are not to keen on helping about Nissan owners who didnt purchase from them. I am not sure the. Door rubber is a warranty thing but any respecting dealer would have a look and do the best they can, when I tok. My first one in for warranty things they never ever mentioned being charged if a fault wasn't found and I didn't buy from them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Called them back to give them Chassis number & been told it's not showing up on their system so wants me to pop by tonight when I finish work so he can verify the chassis number is correct.hmmmm

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow what a difference speaking to 2 different dealerships :phoned the Streetly westway as suggested by oldbloke , the guy in service there was very helpful & I told him about petrol smell etc...He took my chassis number & said it was showing on their system & showed that it had a recall for an air sensor problem & a fuel sensor check & both showing as completed work (although the system does not say when they were done) so that put my mind at ease somewhat.He did advise that he could possibly book it in to check it but would be thursday at the earliest without courtesy car or april 22nd if I needed a courtesy car . I would be unable to take it on thursday so said i will keep my eye on it over the next few days & see how it goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts